2015 Fantasy Baseball at Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Fantasy Baseball at Poly

Berz is supposed to be BAPAYing soon. He has my pick (and his own), so you can pretend we are on Berz's timer now.

(Those of you coming up next please send in a pick of you're going afk!)
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• yup, the bapay for Vlad is upcoming, just gotta do a couple things before posting picks

Vlad's getting Sonny Gray SP OAK if he doesn't show up asap
      Snoopy took David Robertson RP CHS
      I haven't decided on mine yet, will do so in 20-30 minutes

Comment

• Just to understand how the BAPAY works how did you get Gray as the best pick? 2015 projections seem to indicate there are better pitchers available but I'm probably looking at something wrong

Comment

• Berz does it by o-rank (which should take into account year projections). He is behind hunter pence and darvish, both of whom are injured.

Comment

• hmm... yeah... Since this is our 1st bapay and Fist is right about a number of pitchers with better ranks than Gray I dont know what to do.

oh well, thems the rules - avoid bapays, send lists

what about this?

When his pick comes up again he can replace the bapay along with making his pick, 2 picks and Sonny Gray becomes available. If anyone who wanted Gray still wants him, the person who missed out on him first gets him instead of their next pick. I'd really like to avoid bapays if possible, at least until we get deeper into the draft.

I think thats a slightly better way of replacing unwanted bapays than what we've done in the past

oh yeah, if you got a player who is effectively lost for the season, you can replace him on your next turn too

Comment

• You pretty clearly said o rank and I don't see that being all that bad. O rank does well enough. Rank has its own problems and our system is close enough to default that o-rank works okay ...

Comment

• Yeah, keep the bapay as is. O-rank is yahoo's projection for this year. Rank is based on last year, so it makes more sense to use o-rank.
                Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
                Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
                Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  you left it with someone who aint here?

but we appreciate that, had you gotten a bapay we'd let you replace it with your pick
                  Get me a lawyer. Oh. Wait.

On an unrelated subject, how is the possible WSU v KU game playing in West Lawrence?

J

Comment

• List leaving has always been at your own hazard. Probably me or Berz is the most frequently on, so leave with one of us.

Comment

• That was my fault, I'm checking in constantly but didn't look at my PMs. I have the list for next go-around, should it be needed.
                      Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Comment

• If you send a list it's good to post here - I use the tapatalk thing and it doesn't always show up (though i usually will look if someone who leaves lists is holding us up).

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          List leaving has always been at your own hazard. Probably me or Berz is the most frequently on, so leave with one of us.
                          That's a problem if you both pick before I do.

J

Comment

• Both of us are capable of not reading PMs before we pick (particularly if told), though that's your prerogative of course.

Comment

• No, J is right, it's good practice to send lists to people who pick after you. I just dropped the ball and didn't pay attention to my PMs, when I should have.

Comment

• Skyfish is over time.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X