No announcement yet.

2015 Fantasy Baseball at Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QS is an excellent start, which SE idiot is trying to convince you otherwise?

Comment

its a long name, octeousos or something... but his argument was basically: compare RA Dickey and Madison Bumgartner

I assume that meant both had ~25 QS but one is better

its true, QS are more common than wins and mediocre pitchers get plenty

I like QS because its a worthwhile achievement... if stealing a base gets us a point why not pitching 6 IP with a 3 era or better?

oops, thats 4.5 era

eh, I wont do anything about it if people are happy with QS

Comment

Hi - I'm in, sorry for the delay. I'll try to be reasonably quick to draft
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

QS and K/BB are perfectly fine stats. I see no reason to change. K/BB gives relievers more value as they tend to have a high k/bb rate (the good ones anyway), and QS is correlated with competent starts at least... as a frequent Felix Hernandez owner, it's better than the alternative.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

good to see you, Snoopy

Comment

Draft order! BAPAY!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

we need 1 more to make it 12

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  compare RA Dickey and Madison Bumgartner

I assume that meant both had ~25 QS but one is better

its true, QS are more common than wins and mediocre pitchers get plenty
                  Well I would tell that SE guy that it's exactly the opposite: mediocre pitchers get plenty of Wins, 'cause you can give up 9ER and still win, you can also just pitch once and get the W...

As for the difference between Dickey and Bumgarner -if they really are that different quality-wise - then the difference will be visible anyway in the other stats we track such as K/BB, K, ERA and WHIP...

But their similar effort to give their team a chance to win (the purpose of QS) will be rewarded in the same proportion which is completely fair.

I would plead with you to let those stats stand as they are

Comment

I wont make any changes

I'm trying to find 1 more over at SpeakEasy

I'd like to start drafting this weekend but that'll depend on how fast we fill the last spot

Comment

yeah keep QS. Wins suck.

Comment

I agree. QS is a pitching statement
                        Wins are more team influenced.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'm still looking for a 12th, no rush... I'm trying to talk metalhead at speakeasy into playing

Comment

my pc is giving me trouble and its ancient so I might be looking for a new one Monday or Tuesday

any suggestions?

Comment

You don't know ****, Stinkfish!!!!

Comment

Would it be possible to get the draft order?
                                The unknown 12th could be "TBD".

Comment

Working...
                                X