No announcement yet.

Now where am I supposed to get my news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now where am I supposed to get my news?

First Colbert, now Stewart...

Jon Stewart, who turned Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” into a sharp-edged commentary on current events, delivering the news in layers of silliness and mockery, said on Tuesday that he would step down after more than 16 years as its anchor.

Mr. Stewart, whose contract with Comedy Central ends in September, disclosed his plans during a taping of the program on Tuesday. Saying that “in my heart, I know it is time for someone else” to have the opportunity he had, Mr. Stewart told his audience that he was still working out the details of his departure, which “might be December, might be July.”

This may seem blasphemous, but how important is the Anchor itself? The most important part for the Daily Show to work is the Research Team behind him/her/it*.
    For example I think Colbert showed more wit in the 'Interview with the Guest' Segment than Mr. Steward. At least the O' Reilly ones seemed more like shouting matches than discussions?

Ah well Time for wild replacement speculations

*actually not it, I saw the Black Mirror Episode and how that ended..
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Tony Stewart??

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
        This may seem blasphemous, but how important is the Anchor itself? The most important part for the Daily Show to work is the Research Team behind him/her/it*.
        For example I think Colbert showed more wit in the 'Interview with the Guest' Segment than Mr. Steward. At least the O' Reilly ones seemed more like shouting matches than discussions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	anchorman.png
Views:	1
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	9101488

Comment

Larry Wilmore took Colbert's slot , I'd like to see John Oliver take the reins but he's got a show on HBO
          I've always liked Aasif Mandvi

Comment

The Daily Show is what it is now, but do you remember what it was before Stewart took over?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Aasif would be a bold and awesome choice.

Jessica Williams or Olivia Munn could also be interesting.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Olivia Munn would be terrible. And I'm sure CC wouldn't let a woman host it. However, I'd definitely love to see Aasif host.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Samantha Bee and Jason Jones. That would be interesting.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

yup, I was trying to remember her name

Kristen Schaal would be good too

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      The Daily Show is what it is now, but do you remember what it was before Stewart took over?
                      No, until now never heard of a Pre-Steward DS. I think this was before the CNN decline then? Did it differ much?

Comment

I'm curious what the Real reason is... did he get tired and decide he wanted to retire? What is he doing next? That sort of thing.
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

No, until now never heard of a Pre-Steward DS. I think this was before the CNN decline then? Did it differ much?
                          It was originally hosted by Craig Kilborn for 3 years. The only thing it had in common with Stewart's Daily Show was the "moment of zen" that ended each episode.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That name sounds familiar didn't Kilborn host the Late Late Show before Craigyferg? Am I mixing the names up?

Comment

Yup. He left the Daily Show to do that. Presumably that was a promotion. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X