Now where am I supposed to get my news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
    There is nothing that Imran loves moar than a good Penis.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I have noticed that I and my wife have moved more 'left' also, while many in my family seem to have moved 'right'.

JM
      The choice of economic left vs right is one of good vs evil, IMO. Direct correlation. Not necessarily applicable to every specific policy... but perhaps more a question of desired results and attitudes. I may not believe in the Bible at all literally or consider it a reliable source regarding the existence of God. But I think that the message of Christ (as I was taught), loving others, helping the poor, wealth being antithetical to salvation... is definitely reflective of moral goodness.

Also, not looking to debate this. Just sharing my perspective.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        I have noticed that I and my wife have moved more 'left' also, while many in my family seem to have moved 'right'.

JM
        Sometimes it can be a reaction to other people - though I don't know if that's the case with your family. Is everyone religious as well (or just you and your wife)?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It appears all my worries were unfounded. Rather than a dearth of comedy news, I'm falling behind ...

Colbert was able to port most of what he does over to CBS (and even extend some of it due to more sway over the celebs and longer shows)
          Trevor Noah has been doing a great job
          And John Oliver

not enough time to watch them all

Comment

Colbert and Oliver have been great, but I'm still on the fence with Noah.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              I feel the same way. Oliver is my favorite, Colbert is still funny and Noah has had some funny moments, but not as may as Stewart. Though in time Noah may find his niche.

Though, I don't find the nightly show even remotely funny.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                I have only seen on episode with Noah and it seemed like he was trying, not entirely successfully, to copy John. I would like to see him do more of his own thing.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Sometimes it can be a reaction to other people - though I don't know if that's the case with your family. Is everyone religious as well (or just you and your wife)?
                  My wife's family goes from heavily Christian (~60%) to lightly Christian (~20%) to Hindu (~20%).

My immediate family is no longer Christian. In my extended family, the older generations are still heavily Christian but the younger generation is about evenly split between non-Christian, heavily Christian, and lightly Christian.

If you go based on external observations (weekly church attendance, intake of christian media, religious giving, extra religious involvement, and so on) my wife and I are moderately Christian.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well seems its not going so great.

Trevor Noah may be a well-liked guy with a huge smile and dimples, but his stint on The Daily Show has been getting worse and worse. Breitbart has the bad news. “Although a ratings falloff from Stewart was all but guaranteed, a 40 percent drop for Noah is steep. Comedy Central has professed to be […]
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It was a huge ask to be fair, trying to replace someone as good as Stewart. If they end up replacing Noah, the next guy will get a fairer shot.

Comment

Talking of fair shots, you still need to reply to me in a couple of threads where you accused me of being a coward and promptly ran away from

Comment

I dunno. Does anyone remember the Daily Show pre-Indecision 2000? It wasn't uproariously funny, and there were a lot of dick jokes. It took the election, and 9/11, and Iraq until Stewart found his footing.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                            Talking of fair shots, you still need to reply to me in a couple of threads where you accused me of being a coward and promptly ran away from
                            You'd have to magically become far more interesting to make it worth my while.

Comment

I was interesting enough when you thought you were on the front foot - but the moment I started shredding your arguments and basically called you out for the hypocrite you are, well I guess that's when it got too 'boring' for you...

Clue: calling someone a coward and then running away is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Is that why you're gunning for Ben, Ken? Because you think he's an easier target? You can do better than that, Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X