X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's plainly got a thing for big booty
    FTFY.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have heard some of Kanye West's "music". The fact that I feel the need to put scare quotes around music should be enough to let you know how I feel about his, ahem, "music".

Can't spell crap without rap.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Also, there are a retarded number of grammy categories. By the time you get down to "best regional roots music album" you might as well hand out participation ribbons to every teenage garage band in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          So what exactly did he say when he was on stage? And what was the reaction of the Grammy crowd directly afterwards? What was Beck's reaction directly afterwards?
          dont know, I imagine it would have mirrored his comments trashing Beck had he gone thru with it
          the crowd? mixed reaction with some people fawning over him while others thinking he's a low life
          I'm sure Beck appreciated him showing up to trash his music

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              dont know, I imagine it would have mirrored his comments trashing Beck had he gone thru with it
              the crowd? mixed reaction with some people fawning over him while others thinking he's a low life
              I'm sure Beck appreciated him showing up to trash his music
              So you didn't watch it. The crowd erupted into laughter after Kanye did his almost Taylor moment. Beck actually kept asking Kanye to come back on stage.

So you are talking about something you have no real basis for, then?

And most publications actually said how hilarious it was (Gawker even saying it put Kanye back into our 'good graces'), until Kanye ruined it with his comments after the show.

And HC gives me another reason to completely disregard his opinion. I'm shocked.
              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 12, 2015, 00:32.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yes yes, the "crowd" erupted in laughter...except for the crowd who thinks he's a low life. And what was Beck supposed to do? Kanye's comments after the show reflect his motive for interrupting, he wasn't just funnin' around and some in the crowd thought he was. So they were detached from reality, not me.

Comment

Keep making comments about a moment you didn't see...
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I saw what he did

Comment

21 Grammies and I don't know one of his songs... jeez I'm getting old

Oh well - back to my Neil Young, Springsteen and other discount bin old timer music I guess...
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

If Kanye West hadn't made his comments later, I would have assumed that the abortive stage rush was just a bit of self-deprecating humor and my respect for him would have increased tremendously. Without the Beyonce white knighting rant later on, it just seemed like a pretty funny joke. Then he went and ruined it.

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post

Oh well - back to my Neil Young, Springsteen and other discount bin old timer music I guess...
                        To be fair, according to Wikipedia there seem to be around 30 grammy categories for various permutations of genres of music that no one listens to, like Best Contemporary Christian Music Album, Best Tropical Latin Album, and my personal favorite, Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package (wtf)...

I want an award for Best Youtube Video of Toddlers Banging on Kitchenware.

Comment

Wait, so he interrupted somebody again?

Did he at least use a different line then "I'm gonna let you finish in a moment but..."?
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

To be fair, according to Wikipedia there seem to be around 30 grammy categories for various permutations of genres of music that no one listens to, like Best Contemporary Christian Music Album, Best Tropical Latin Album, and my personal favorite, Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package (wtf)...

I want an award for Best Youtube Video of Toddlers Banging on Kitchenware.
                            I am not in any way a Kanye West fan. I have no idea if his music is any good. But his Grammy wins are almost exclusively for Best Rap Album/Song/Performance. You can say that rap is a dumb poo poo genre of music or whatever, but you can't argue that Kanye is winning obscure who gives a crap awards. At least according to the Grammys, he's an outstanding rap artist (also according to his sales figures and his critical acclaim and his other awards).
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post

I bet you've heard the song "Gold Digger" (just about everyone has).

Comment

I have heard some of Kanye West's "music". The fact that I feel the need to put scare quotes around music should be enough to let you know how I feel about his, ahem, "music".

Can't spell jew without ew.

Comment

Working...
                                X