Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Call Saul

This is shaping up to be real good.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

you'll have to be more specific
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Is it? I don't have high expectations. Saul was a fun character, but gimmicky. Seems like it would be hard to build a show around him. (I haven't seen the first episode.)
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I had my doubts about spin-off about Saul as well, but the creators knew what they were doing. He's gained a lot of depth from the get-go and the first episode was often pretty poignant.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

so this is a TV show?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Better Call Saul is a spinoff of Breaking Bad.

Comment

oh

meh
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                oh

meth
                corrected.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I've been marathoning Scrubs. Fantastic show.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    I've been marathoning Scrubs. Fantastic show.
                    yes

god, i give you and your brother a lot of shit, but you have great taste when it comes to entertainment
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      I had my doubts about spin-off about Saul as well, but the creators knew what they were doing. He's gained a lot of depth from the get-go and the first episode was often pretty poignant.
                      Right from the opening you know you are back in Gilligan's world. Which is great! The first episode was a little slow but had a lot to set up. The second gets into some awesome Saul Goodman lawyering that I hope we'll see lots more of from this series.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I was undecided about it until I saw the scenes in the desert where his bargaining skills came into play. The "slipping Jimmy" story he told to the twins was a pretty good scene as well.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          yes

god, i give you and your brother a lot of shit, but you have great taste when it comes to entertainment
                          I've pretty much finished the show at this point. I have one complaint: I am very near certain that the rampant insurance fraud that goes on, specifically the "Chicago voting" trick of using a dead patient's insurance to pay for a live patient's procedure is something that never ****ing happens anywhere but it's treated as routine in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            I've pretty much finished the show at this point. I have one complaint: I am very near certain that the rampant insurance fraud that goes on, specifically the "Chicago voting" trick of using a dead patient's insurance to pay for a live patient's procedure is something that never ****ing happens anywhere but it's treated as routine in the show.
                            I wouldn't know, myself. I do know that hospitals are in constant battles with insurance companies. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it was happening.

Just more inefficiency of having corporations in charge of health care.

(but I doubt you will see it that way )
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I actually think reg would. The use of insurance as a means of financing most medical treatment is one of the biggest reasons the medical industry completely sucks. Because doctors get all their money from insurance companies and not directly from patients they are basically forced to do stuff that will market them to insurance companies and not patients, which hurts patient care substantially. If we could make it so that insurance companies only pay for emergency care rather than routine care, doctors would be able to give much better service.

This wouldn't actually be more expensive, either--all that routine service is built into your premium anyway. You'd lose the inefficiency of having the insurance company as a middleman, so it'd actually cost less in all likelihood.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X