Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh, so it was called "soccer" in Britain until snobs decided to stop calling it that in the 1980's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stand Indian food because I am a huge ***** and can't handle spicy.

Comment

You French?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I enjoyed the French onion soup in Lyon. I think my favorite place to go was Le Nord, followed by Le Sud. Have you gone shopping at the Le Halles? There is ready eat take away food there.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Going to the foreign food aisle for hot dog rolls, franks and tomato ketchup* is amusing.

I would say mustard, but it's not a foreign food aisle item.
          * what?
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

My local Auchan. :shrug:.

Comment

And wtf is up with no Indian food options?!?! Even in the foreign foods section.
              I don't mind that so much, I was never a huge fan. I haven't looked for Chinese yet though. Please tell me they have duck pancakes at least?

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                I enjoyed the French onion soup in Lyon. I think my favorite place to go was Le Nord, followed by Le Sud. Have you gone shopping at the Le Halles? There is ready eat take away food there.
                Everyone here keeps telling me I need to visit Le Halles. I'll probably go next weekend.

Comment

I must say, the word "soccer" having British roots was an enlightening bit of knowledge.

Thank you, Sava, for that useful post.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    I don't mind that so much, I was never a huge fan. I haven't looked for Chinese yet though. Please tell me they have duck pancakes at least?
                    I haven't seen a Chinese takeaway of any repute. Best I've found is Vietnamese or Thai. Lots of Japanese places (sushi is amazingly popular) run by Chinese, so it's a demand thing rather than appropriate skills.

Comment

Did you move to france kentonio?
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I've been into what we call football since about 1970 and don't remember ever calling it soccer. So ner.

Comment

I haven't seen a Chinese takeaway of any repute. Best I've found is Vietnamese or Thai. Lots of Japanese places (sushi is amazingly popular) run by Chinese, so it's a demand thing rather than appropriate skills.
                          I've had Vietnamese a few times, it's been pretty ace. I'm not a huge fan of spicy food, but they do amazing sesame beef dishes. Bánh mì is awesome.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Did you move to france kentonio?
                          I did indeed.

Comment

Working...
                          X