????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
    The Borg are cybernetic organisms, not robots.
    The only person to say "robot" is you.

Technically speaking, the borg could correctly be referred to as "bots". Bots can be software. Conceivably, a borg could be programmed to spamme internet forums, for instance.

But that's pretty weak. This is as far as I will go defending that.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      The only person to say "robot" is you.
      The Wiki says it's short for robot. Do not question the Wiki.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by wiki
        a computer program that does automated tasks

I accept your apology.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's pretty damn selective. You didn't even add that your definition refers to "internet bot".

Further below, we see this:

Robot, mechanical device that can perform physical tasks
          And even when it comes to internet bots.

An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyses and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. Each server can have a file called robots.txt, containing rules for the spidering of that server that the bot is supposed to obey or be removed.

In addition to their uses outlined above, bots may also be implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required, for example chat bots.

It's pretty clear that "bot" refers to robot.

Moreover, Flameflash quite clearly had mechanical devices in mind when he spoke of the Borg, instead of the cybernetic organisms they are.

I accept your unconditional surrender.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Given how hive mind and "resistence is futile" and whatnot they're more machine than man now... (see how I just crossed the genres and streams?)
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
            X