wallets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    I avoid coins like the plague, they're really annoying.
    Agree.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
      I have a wallet. In addition to money, driver's license, and debit card it also carries a number of retail cards. Gotta have my Kroger fuel points. I also write down phone numbers and addresses that I need for later and stick them in there. When the wallet gets full I sort through them and discard the useless ones.
      Do you regularly carry anything in your wallet that is unique to your profession?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        measurements?
        Click the ****ing link.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Main wallet: A brown leather fossil one, double fold, average size, birthday present from the ex.

Travel wallet: Beaten up old black leather wallet, double fold, average size, birthday present from the ex ex...

My birthday is coming up soon...
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            the last wallet i had fell out of my back pocket in class maybe 15 years ago

it was a pain to get a new license, cancel my cards, replace everything

i got used to not having one

i'm much more mindful now since the individual cards can more easily fall out and be lost

many times, i've had to hunt for my license under a car seat, though

not for a while now, since i travel much less
            So this whole thread is based on "I lost my wallet, once, 15 yrs ago in high school"?

A wallet is not just a place to store and organize things; it also protects them. Which can be important with magstripes, photos IDs and such.

Maybe I find this mystifying because, in my 61 years, I've never lost a wallet. I've also never had to look for a lost CC/license under a car seat...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've never lost one either - apart from the company gym when I was a trusting 16yo and some c*nt of a colleague stole it
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Seriously if you don't pay off your entire credit bill every month you're a goddamn moron.
                Or, you know, a victim of circumstances. But whatever.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No, it means you're a moron. If you can't afford something, then you ipso facto can't afford a credit card loan for something.

Though I suppose you could argue stupidity is circumstance. So to the extent you are a victim of stupidity you are a victim of circumstance.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Sometimes you can't afford things you nevertheless need.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sure, then don't put the debt on a credit card. If you can get a loan with x% on a credit card, you can get a loan with (x-something)% from a bank.

There's no reason to go into credit card debt. Period.

Comment

Your inexperience is showing again, HC. In the real world, there are times when conditions conspire to force overspending. Ever have a hospital visit, car accident, and furnace go out in the same month? Of course not. In your world, all is provided.

Get a grip.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Your inexperience is showing again, HC. In the real world, there are times when conditions conspire to force overspending. Ever have a hospital visit, car accident, and furnace go out in the same month? Of course not. In your world, all is provided.

Get a grip.
                          Read post above.

Comment

Also, in practice, most people who have credit card debt are living paycheck to paycheck. There's no reason to do that. People don't have self control and overspend and then when their furnace breaks, have an ER visit and a car accident they have no savings to pull from (or better, just not saving that month, which is equivalent). These situations are almost always avoidable if you act like a responsible adult. Sure, once in a while they happen to responsible people. Then, get a normal loan. Don't use a credit card.

Comment

Q: Why is HC such a total c*nt!?

A: It must be that silver spoon that's kebabed him from his rectum to his arrogant, self-entitled gob...

Yes, these situations are always avoidable when everything you've ever wanted in life has been handed to you on a gilded plate.

What a nasty piece of work you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                Read post above.
                                Your sense of privilege and smug naïvete is adorable. Almost Romneyesque.

Comment

Working...
                                X