wallets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I have always used a wallet. My current one is leather, but with embedded metallic webbing that turns it into a de facto Faraday cage to prevent RFID skimming. (You can hack that benefit with aluminum foil.)

A purse is carried, not pocketed.
    now... the cage protection is useful and i can get on board with that

lipstick can be put in a pocket

i don't think the method of carrying matters
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      Test it by thanking this post
      I can only write a blog about it
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Then two it is.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i wrote a blog
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I guess that's it for me.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i kinda feel apathetic

like after my second or third ejaculation
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I carry a wallet. How do you avoid ever using cash, sava?
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

i stopped buying weed
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I use cash and I've never bought weed.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      I like the webbing concept. I wonder if then have to remove my building pass. It's much easier if i just have to wave the wallet.
                      My guess is you need to remove any item that you want to use. I put mine in my carry-on when going through airport security. Doesn't always trigger (just not that much metal), but it did at SNA yesterday when I forgot.

I consider it a reasonable hedge against credit card and identity theft.

Fun fact: a cheap RFID reader can even grab the info on so-called "encrypted" credit cards, because all it does is clone (copy/paste) whatever sequence is on the card.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I use cash
                        for what?

i'm struggling to think of something i would buy or a service i would use that doesn't offer credit card payment

i haven't even been to a bank or atm in... gosh, i can't even remember

(i do everything online or with my phone)

maybe... cash as a gift for a younger relative?

that's the only thing I can think of
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So you're saying you prefer that a percentage of every purchase you make goes to your bank or credit/debit card company.

You are roughly 2.8 to 3.5% poorer for using this approach. Cash is king.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sometimes cash is a little more convenient, like if you're splitting a bill, or using a vending machine, or it's a small purchase under the minimum required to use a credit card, or you're paying a friend back...all sorts of reasons...?

Comment

So you're saying you prefer that a percentage of every purchase you make goes to your bank or credit/debit card company.

That's not quite true, since there's actually a rather high cost associated with cash handling. But banks are currently charging merchants enough that cash is usually cheaper for them.

I'm gonna be working for a bank where most of the income comes from credit cards, so by all means keep using it sava , but I think cash is more convenient a lot of the time

Comment

uhm, I don't know about you, but I have never been charged a higher amount of money for paying by CC

that might be illegal, in fact

though, i suspect that varies by state
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X