No announcement yet.

Let me know if I'm the one who messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Actual rate is or even how it's calculated. I was just throwing out the number that is usually thrown out there.

And Yeah I'll agree that having similar beliefs and such makes it easier to get along.
    My wife and I are not opposites. Our upbringings where quite similar.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The only way you messed up was not getting more sex earlier. Visit her place one more time. Ask to go to the bathroom. Pack everything up quickly in a small bag. Pee or poop or whatever. Come out of the bathroom. Have a serious talk about her unreasonableness. Break up. Leave.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        So... just had my one month anniversary with my girlfriend. We were super lovey dovey until last sunday. Here's what happened:

On Saturday, my family celebrated Orthodox Xmas. Large gathering. First time my girl met my extended family. Upon arrival, she hits someone's car.

She calls. I was already waiting for her. I look out the window. I get my sandals on (it is winter, snowy outside, and I'm wearing dress clothes) and go outside.

That whole situation gets taken care of. Or so I thought.

Just wait, more backstory.

Sunday, she discovers one of her cats had swallowed a bunch of ribbon. She had to take him in for surgery. He's fine now. However, during one point, she called me to give an update. I was sitting alone in my family room watching football. At the same time she called, my family arrived home. Things got loud. I was trying to listen to my girlfriend. I got up and left because it was too loud.

So what's the problem?

Well... apparently... I did not get up and leave the room fast enough. I thought she was joking with me at first. She got very confrontational.

"Don't you think you should have left the room?"
        "I did"
        "But only AFTER I said something"
        "The loudness of the room was self-evident. I would have left regardless"
        "But if it were me, I would have left before someone even said something"
        "I'm sorry. My reaction was slow. I was also stoned."

GASP

"Oh you were stoned. Well maybe I was expecting someone to be... more considerate"

Suddenly, my marijuana usage becomes a point of emphasis. Because, being a psychic, I should have not smoked on Sunday, during the day, while relaxing and watching football... BECAUSE HER CAT MIGHT SWALLOW FOUR FEET OF RIBBON AND I MIGHT NEED TO BE AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE SUITABLE REACTION COMMENTARY WHEN SHE CALLS ME TO GIVE ME UPDATES

This might be the most petty "fight" I've ever been in.
        You aren't and if she has issues with things you do, she needs to be explicitly clear about them. Otherwise it's just resentment waiting to built up and explode.

Just don't be a patronizing dick when mansplaining this to her

Edit: That's what I get for not reading the entire thread!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          I would postulate that you just think you trained her out of it.
          But then what the **** do I know.
          But I have been married for over 29 years so I either have a clue about what I'm doing or am the biggest wuss in the world.
          I'll leave it to you guys to ponder.
          I will say this - you're likely an expert on your marriage.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

His wife might disagree.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              His wife might disagree.
              I should have qualified that as "Expert of the male perspective"

Comment

Well she hasn't left me yet, so that has to count for something.

Yeah yeah, very little but something.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

sigh

having a crappy girlfriend is much worse than no girlfriend
                  tell me about it. I mean, you know what I've gone through over the last few months.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    So... bang her, dump her... bang her in the dumper and then dump her...
                    sage advice here, Sava.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I don't think I could stomach even being in the same room with her.

Good news. She's dropping my stuff off.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        Apparently this figure isn't really true (measuring divorce rates is tricky) and divorce rates have been declining since a peak in the 90s.
                        The divorce rate that is always claimed comes from really lazy calculations...
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

Be happy you had a month of good sex and run away as fast as you can.
                          I totally agree with this. You are fortunate the inner psycho showed itself early.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the sandals thing, but I really want to
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

thank god it's over

and then right after leaving she texts me "wow that was cold" and more blahbity blah

jesus christ, even my break up item exchange was terrible

sheesh
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and then right after leaving she texts me "wow that was cold" and more blahbity blah
                                You could always threaten to set things on fire.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X