No announcement yet.

Let me know if I'm the one who messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not sure if I could overlap. Once I go active again, she'll see my profile on the one site, at least.

Oh, check this out. About a week ago, long after we'd been established, she was showing me something on her phone and the "eharmony" app was one of the recent apps she had used.

I totally saw it. She totally saw it. We both saw it. Nobody said anything. She rapidly got rid of all her recent apps as to hide it, I suspect. I didn't call her out on it. I forgave her. As far as compromise and relationships go, that's a much bigger deal than being too slow walking out of a room that suddenly just became loud.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah when I was younger a girlfriend asked me if it was OK if she started sleeping with other guys.

I figured if there was ever a "it's probably over" moment, that was probably it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think Poly has enough data to offer a solid opinion on this case. My only real opinion is that if you're out of the honey moon phase after only a month, that probably doesn't bode well.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If y'all are exclusive, that's not a good sign.

So... bang her, dump her... bang her in the dumper and then dump her...
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah gotta agree. If the Lust phase doesn't even last a month, that's a real bad sign.
              But as IS says, get what you can then get the **** out.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow, you guys are harsh - I concur!
                "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

She's a nutter.

GTFO ASAP.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

She is most definitely a nutter! I've decided at my current latish stage of life that I'm basically not prepared to compromise any more - if a relationship requires more than a modicum of 'effort' then it's not for me - (my) life's too short!
                    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Well, if you think you are a good teacher maybe you can teach her out of her selfish behavior, something that might require patience however ...
                      if not, as other said, run as fast as you can

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Any version of "you should have attended to my needs faster" after you attended to them as quick as you could (yes, you do have to put on footwear when going outside) when its not a matter of sickness or grief at a loved one dying (cat swallowing ribbon that will get fixed easily enough doesn't count) is a massive warning sign.

The sickness and grief at loved one dying can be waived away as everyone wants folks to magically be there when those things happen.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Mobius, Couldn't disagree more (with the last part)
                          Everything good in life requires effort.
                          If people put more effort into their relationships the divorce rate wouldn't be 50%

Relationships are easy when everything is going right. But what's the odd that everything is always going to be great.
                          Real relationships are forged through diversity and some hardship.
                          I don't mean to say that the hardship part should be over done but that part is going to happen.

But I'll admit the going right part has always overshadowed the hard parts.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

thanks guys
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think you misunderstand me a little bit...

I've finally found someone where very little (basically no) effort is required - because we're scarily alike!

**** that opposites attract crap - I'm too old for that ****!

You want someone as similar as possible.
                              Last edited by I AM MOBIUS; January 16, 2015, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                (yes, you do have to put on footwear when going outside)
                                Chased my crying high school girlfriend barefoot through a crappy part of town once. Got glass shards in my foot.

Originally posted by rah View Post
                                ...the divorce rate wouldn't be 50%
                                Apparently this figure isn't really true (measuring divorce rates is tricky) and divorce rates have been declining since a peak in the 90s.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X