What's your retirement plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now my day is ruined. *SIGH*
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I like soy milk and almond milk.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        No, the calcification of arterial atheromas is an important step in the development of coronary and cerebral atherosclerotic disease. When the atherosclerotic plaques calcify the endothelial lining of the blood vessel is disrupted, it can't cover the calcified area, so it retracts, leaving a gap. Platelets adhere to the plaque triggering the formation of a blood clot attached to the wall of the vessel, which either grows and decreases blood flow at that point, or the clot breaks off and blocks the vessel downstream. Then a cardiologist or cardiothoracic surgeon gets rich allevating the obstruction
        Thanks for making me think I'll die tonight.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• In many 3rd world countries the "retirement plan" is to have as many children as possible so that when you get old each of them can give you a little bit and it adds up to enough for you to live on. It isn't actually a bad system if you live in a cash poor society with limited earnings potential.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I think you are very wrong (although I don't really have direct experience with the 3rd world).

The many children is for when you are at your prime (workers for when you are 30-50).

The 'retirement plan' is to have 1-2 children well enough off that you can live with them and help with the house chores while they provide food and housing. And when you get very old, you don't go to the doctor and rack up huge medical bills... you just die or not and you are OK with that (you don't want to be a burden after all).

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Or choose the ice floe.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Are there still ice floes on Lake Michigan?
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• There were some earlier this season but haven't been along the lake recently since it warmed up a bit.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X