No announcement yet.

Spot on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, because if there was one thing Jesus was known for in his speaking it was straightforward literalism. Hardly a single parable crossed his lips.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      That would require BK to 'thank' Nikolai in at least 2 pertinent posts to acknowledge the transference...
      Well, Ben has thanked the OP...
      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

So is this comic meant to show the liberal as somehow being the bad one? Because it sure doesn't succeed. It just reinforces that a literal reading of the bible is ridiculous. If you think the Jonah fable must be literally true, you're an idiot with no grasp on reality.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

"Oh wait, the bible is full of ridiculous **** that I have to take literally? Guess I'd better convert to Buddhism then"

As an attempt at opening a dialogue the comic is a hilarious failure. As an attempt at broadcasting smug self-satisfaction it's a success, I guess???
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

What's sad it that it took 13 poorly drawn panels of stilted, prosaic writing to poorly make a moot point.
            What's sadder is that this might be one of the author's better efforts. Your can see them all at http://adam4d.com/.

Solid evidence that Christian web comics are to comedy as Christian rock is to music.

But hey, the author appears to be making a living doing Christian web comics and related stuff, so it appears he has found a willing audience. More power to him.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'd always assumed Nikolai was one of the reasonable Christians on the board? Did I misjudge so wrongly?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Solid evidence that Christian web comics are to comedy as Christian rock is to music.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                  I'd always assumed Nikolai was one of the reasonable Christians on the board? Did I misjudge so wrongly?
                  For whatever reason, when Ben gets attacked or banned, Nikolai decides to take on the mantle of Ben and get more conservative. It's just very strange.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

good for him, but Paul? The dude was murdering Christians!

and he said it aint good for a man to touch a woman...

did you hear that?

marriage was "allowed" but sex is bad according to Paul

Comment

And then he was killed by bears
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

He did?

Or are you misinterpreting a quote Paul used?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          It was clearly well-intentioned. Just misguided. Nikolai was blinded by having seen The Light, as it were.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I dont know, there's some verse where Paul is explaining why marriage is allowed. He said it isn't good to touch a woman, but marriage is allowed because of sexual immorality. Which is kinda strange since adultery violates marriage, not sex. Now I happen to believe his context was for priests, but maybe he meant that sex is inherently a bad thing. I can see his influence on Catholicism.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              I dont know, there's some verse where Paul is explaining why marriage is allowed. He said it isn't good to touch a woman, but marriage is allowed because of sexual immorality. Which is kinda strange since adultery violates marriage, not sex. Now I happen to believe his context was for priests, but maybe he meant that sex is inherently a bad thing. I can see his influence in Catholicism.
                              He's quoting someone saying what you are attributing to him (it even has quotes around it). You wouldn't like it if you were quoting Ben and we went around saying, well Berz said "X" when it was the quote of Ben you were responding to, would you?

Comment

Besides, I think you got your stereotypes wrong. It is Protestants who are considered the prudes, not Catholics. Think on the major Catholic countries in Europe - Italy, France, Spain (and yes, Poland) and the major Protestant countries - UK, Germany. Which one are know for their 'lovers'? Also, does the scene in Monty Python's Meaning of Life make sense otherwise?

Comment

Working...
                                X