Adventures In Bonkersland, I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures In Bonkersland, I

As many of you will know, the United Kingdom has been exporting sexual deviance to the wider world for centuries now, sometimes overtly, sometimes covertly.

But now a Polish council has unearthed the surreptitious dissemination of hermaphrodite propaganda in British children's literature:

Oh bother! Winnie the pantless Pooh has incurred the wrath of a small Polish town over being "wholly inappropriate" for children because he's only half-dressed.

The A.A. Milne character, much loved by generations since his first appearance in the 1920s, has been deemed unsuitable for decorating a playground in Tuszyn, Poland, due to his "half-naked" appearance.

Apparently legislators at a local council meeting cracked down on the honey-loving Disney favourite over his carefree attitude towards undies, said The Hollywood Reporter.

"The problem with that bear is it doesn't have a complete wardrobe," said council member Ryszard Cichy. "It is half-naked, which is wholly inappropriate for children."

It appears that no mention was made by the Polish council of the questionable dress of Pooh's companions, such as Tigger (completely nude), Eeyore (naked aside from a pink bow on his detachable tail) or Owl (also sans clothes). Only Piglet achieves some level of decorum with a pink striped leotard.

In further evidence that local council meetings worldwide generally represent the polar opposite of common sense and logic, outrage was also voiced over Pooh's "dubious sexuality" and gender, with one official saying:

"It doesn't wear underpants because it doesn't have a sex. It's a hermaphrodite."

Milne himself did not escape direct criticism, with another councillor, Hanna Jachimska, saying the author had "cut [Pooh's] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity".

Got lube if you want it....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1416510369901_Image_galleryImage_winnie_the_pooh_sad_jpg.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	9136060
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Someone needs to write to the village counsel telling them to get a life if these is the best thing they can spend their time on.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hmm. Do they have teddy bears in Poland?

Comment

I wonder if a realistic teddy bear with underwears and an easily discernable buldging crotch would allay that mayor's concerns

Comment

But Christopher Robin does wear clothes...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

A.A. Milne may be a pervert, but he's no paedophile!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
              Hmm. Do they have teddy bears in Poland?
              Winnie The Pooh is very popular in Poland where he/she/it is known as Kubuś Puchatek. I don't know if Winnie is popular with Polish transsexuals, but somehow I get the feeling a new figurehead is even now in the making....
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
              X