• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a getaway car

Requirements:

- fast engine
    - 70's body
    - funky shades
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

I recommend a Prius like the one Will Ferrell drives: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Looking for a breakup car

My wife got the house in the divorce, so I'm going to be sleeping in the car for awhile, and my VW Beetle is causing me back pain. Thinking of getting a VW Bus with shag carpeting.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

A 1955 23-window VW bus sold at an auction in Germany for the highest amount ever paid for one.

This one will only cost you $235000
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

you'd have to rob a bank to afford one of those.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The average haul from a bank robbery in the UK was just 20,000 UK.

Comment

I'll be able to escape with a lot more money when I've got my VW Bus, which unfortunately puts me in a bit of a chicken-egg scenario
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Alpha Romeo

Comment

I recommend a white paneled van or a rented uhaul. Can't go wrong with one of those. There's a million of them--no one will know if it's you.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Alternatively this might fit the bill nicely:

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                      Alpha Romeo
                      Has he done anything lately? He was good on "Everyone Loves Raymond".
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

italian cars are great because they're cheap and have excuisite style. they break down more often, but spares are so cheap you can get them at a supermarket.
                        german cars are STEARDY like a temperamental mule and can go on for miles and miles but they are not very exciting
                        japanese cars are the sweet spot. true that the lights look like bugs and they're a spice more expensive but boy do they deliver
                        french cars
                        korean cars

this was of course all subjective.

also for anyone considering purchasing a vintage car, if you get in an accident or something, apparently the insurance company will not reimbursh you because spares are either very expensive or simply can't be found anymore. (they'll give you a refund)

Comment

hyundais actually aren't bad paiktis

Comment

I was rather thinking of the car in Vanishing Point:

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                              I was rather thinking of the car in Vanishing Point:

Ironically, the 'Nude Rider' went on to become an award winning costume designer...
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X