• No AI #1 - turn tracking thread

It has begun!

The players of this game, in turn order, are:

theohall - Gaia's Stepdaughters - theohall@interconnect.net
    cpt. slick - Human Hive - sgtslick@hotmail.com
    Solver - University of Planet - solver@apolyton.net
    Levelisk - Morgan Industries - jeffrey@thecases.com
    Qantaga - Spartan Federation - qantaga@aol.com
    dinoarms - Lord's Believers - dinoarms@altavista.com and crackplaza@yahoo.com
    Viriato - Peacekeeping Forces - viriato@megamail.pt

Settings

Map size: Large
    Map settings: Average cloud, life, erosion. 30-50% ocean
    Difficulty level: Transcend

Other settings:
    All victories on, except for co-op
    Do or die: on
    Look first: on
    Tech stag: off
    Spoils of war: off
    Blind research: off
    No unity survey - world map not visible
    Pods: on
    Random events: off

Rules

The standard Apolyton tourny rules can be found here

and I do suggest that you use these as a guide.

If there's anything in these rules you'd like to change, it can be modified for this game by a vote of the majority. Please post any changes to the rules to the thread.

If you have a query regarding the rules, you can either post a question to the thread, or ask the CMN for a ruling by email (if you don't want to reveal your strategy!) CMN can be contacted at: misotu@hotmail.com

Game Turning and Substitutes

Ideally this game will move very quickly, but real life always gets in the way Under ordinary circumstances, players should be able to play turns within 48 hours. If there will be a delay longer than 48 hours, the player should post a notice to the thread.

Turns unplayed after 48 hours can be forwarded to the CMN to play provided that there's no notification on the thread and emails chasing the game are not answered.

Communication between Factions

Newcomers to multiplayer may not realise that all human players are able to contact each other through the commlink from day one. HOWEVER, this is not permitted until actual contact has been made in the game, or you have acquired the commlink frequency by some means.

Enjoy!
    Team 'Poly

2101 has been sent to Lady Theohall, passwords emailed to all players ...
    Team 'Poly

Comment

Misotu - Thank you very much for setting up this game and for serving as CMN for us. I am especially grateful for all the time and effort that must have been required to properly balance a game like this for all seven players.

To my fellow faction leaders in No AI #1 - May Planetfall find you safe and sound. Good luck to everyone!

Woo-hoo! Game on.

Comment

2101 sent to cpt. slick

Thanks again Misotu echoing everything Qantaga said in the above post.

Now let's see how quickly slick turns this one out.

Comment

Well, we are coming up on 48 hours without cpt.slick playing the turn. If this were an isolated occurance, I wouldn't be too worried, but since he has yet to respond to any e-mails, I think we need to seriously consider letting SITS take over.

I am hoping that cpt.slick will prove me wrong by posting to the thread or moving the turn on to Solver, but I am not holding my breath.

I propose that if we haven't heard anything from cpt.slick or if he hasn't sent to the turn to Solver by 6 pm GMT (1 pm Eastern US) on Saturday, that we let SITS have cpt.slick's slot in this game.

I would like to see my first turn before July rolls around.

Any thoughts?

Comment

On a different topic:

dinoarms, which of the e-mails listed above do you want me to send your turns to or do you want me to send the turns to both of those e-mails?

Comment

posts to Dinoarms

Qantaga

Please post to both addresses. This assures that if one of my mail boxes fill up I will alays get my turn.

Also I prefer non-zipped .sav's please

DA

Comment

It is disappointing that Cpt. Slick hasn't responded yet, and not a good sign for the game. I will send him an email. If he doesn't respond by the time I log in tomorrow, I think the game should be forwarded to SITS.

As an aside - Dinoarms, if you prefer non-zipped SAVs, it's no wonder you have a problem with your mail boxes filling up! I think this may be a little unreasonable unless Qantaga has a very fast internet connection. Perhaps he does. But as the game progresses, a map of this size will produce a file of half a megabyte or more unzipped, which would be quite a while for him to attach and send ...
                Team 'Poly

Comment

.sav

Misotu

If his con is slow than send it zipped.

Comment

Fair enough.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

I have no problem taking over Capt. Slicks position but please note I'm in work tonight (16th) between 17.00 and 06.00 (GMT) so you might want to wait for him until after this time or send it before I go to work. I bow to the wishes of the board...
                      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

If it comes to you taking over for Capt. slick - no worries. The only person who has even played a turn is myself so you would be second in turn 2101.

I'm kind of leaning towards sending you the turn anyway. I don't expect to see slick until Sunday and his once a week (it seems) rantings.

Comment

By all means send it to me. I will check this thread before I go to work and if the consenus is for me to take over then I will complete it and send it on...
                          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

MY 2101 forwarded to SITS pending password from Misotu in case we don't hear from capt. slick.

One vote for bringing SITS in and opting out capt. slick is now officially on the table.

Comment

vote

I second the vote

Comment

Working...
                              X