Christmas dinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas dinners

What do you eat for dinner in Christmas? In my family we eat pinnekjøtt(a lamb course) for Christmas Eve and svineribbe(pork ribs) for 1st Christmas Day. Second Christmas Day we often eat lutefisk.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

A big ham. booze and weed.

Comment

We don't do anything special on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning, we have cinnamon buns and quiche, though. And dinner is usually some ham, iirc.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

oh, and this year, a BIG race track for grand kids, cant wait! digital 132.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
          A big ham. booze and weed.
          Ham? That's a new one. To lutefisk we always have aquavit and Christmas beer. The latter and sometimes the former also for the other courses. But I often drink Pepsi Max instead, to be able to drive and as a consideration for the kids.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            We don't do anything special on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning, we have cinnamon buns and quiche, though. And dinner is usually some ham, iirc.
            Ämericans. Christmas Eve is the BIG Christmas day in Norway. Good food, family and lots of gifts to be opened in the evening after the family dinner.

Comment

Ah, see, on Christmas Eve Americans are still shopping, because we're lazy/rich.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Ah, see, on Christmas Eve Americans are still shopping, because we're lazy/rich.
                We're richer and almost as lazy.

Comment

I'll be @ my sister's, as per usual. With about 20 -25 guests, including about 10 'kids' 13 yrs. or under. There will be a big turkey, with cranberries & stuffing, a big ham, a couple of salads, homemade perogies, cabbage rolls, corn, cooked veg. homemade pickles, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, homemade pies and cookies, a lot of beer, wine, juice and pop. Lots of snacky stuff & drinks over a couple of days.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Ham here, also.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmm, we have homemade shepherd's pie and blueberry pie on Christmas eve. I also go to mass then. Bit of a new tradition for me.

Christmas day is our big day, getting up early in the morning with stockings and all. I haven't had that in 4 years though, and it really will never be the same as it was.

We usually have turkey with mashed potatoes and stuffing with all the trimmings.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

When I was much younger, Christmas Eve was when we trimmed the tree, followed by an intimate, candlelit dinner with just the immediate family, usually something like smoked pheasant and other delicacies, after which we'd go to the candlelight service at our church; Christmas Day had a much larger meal with the extended family, usually turkey with all the trimmings, or else prime rib, perfectly done.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Christmas Eve is the extended family get-together, with food determined by whoever is hosting that year.

Christmas Day is nuclear family (just my wife and I this year; daughter is in Indonesia).
                          -Breakfast is centered on fresh-baked croissants and always includes fresh-squeezed orange juice.
                          -Dinner is the real tradition: roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, served with a nice cabernet sauvignon.

My wife is an awesome cook btw.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Pheasant sounds good. I don't think I have ever eaten pheasant.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They could throw you a chunk of wood and you'd gnaw it down.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X