Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't my threads ever stay on the front page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pchang View Post
    I believe that 90% of those who vote Republican have been fooled into thinking Republican policies will benefit them. As far as I can tell Republican policies mainly benefit the wealthiest 5% of the population.
    That is my understanding also, that ~90% of Republican voters are idiot morons...

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    A fair number of Republican voters vote due to Values (Abortion/Gay Marriage/etc) or Patriotism (Communism is Evil/Support our Troops/etc) and not out of Economic self interest.

JM
    Also basically anyone voting based on those kinds of values need their heads examining (see above). AFAICT your average republican voter is the apt equivalent of a turkey voting for thanksgiving...
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Mobius gets it
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
        Also basically anyone voting based on those kinds of values need their heads examining (see above). AFAICT your average republican voter is the apt equivalent of a turkey voting for thanksgiving...
        I'd honestly say the same about a person who straight party tickets either party.

If the proverbial yellow dog is running for your party that isn't enough reason to vote for the dog.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

...found this at the top of page 2 -- standard settings...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

standards are slipping
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Who uses standard settings? Max of everything is where it's at.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
                I'd honestly say the same about a person who straight party tickets either party.

If the proverbial yellow dog is running for your party that isn't enough reason to vote for the dog.
                What exactly is the proverbial 'yellow dog'?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

My understanding of the "yellow dog" is that some people are so blind to "my party is the best" mentality that they will vote in a yellow lab to hold a seat in congress rather than the opposing party, even though the dog can't hold office.

I think of them as the straight party voters too. They walk into the booth, check Republican or Democrat and walk out.

Blind.

Comment

I think that phrase went out of style long ago ... likely due to the indisputable fact that a yellow lab would be a better congressperson than most congresspersons we do have.

Comment

Wait, so other dogs are allowed in office but not yellow labs? Isn't that discrimination?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        I think that phrase went out of style long ago ... likely due to the indisputable fact that a yellow lab would be a better congressperson than most congresspersons we do have.
                        Sadly, you're probably right.

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        Wait, so other dogs are allowed in office but not yellow labs? Isn't that discrimination?

Comment

:horse:
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            From wiki

Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".[1][2] The term is now more generally applied to refer to any Democrat who will vote a straight party ticket under any circumstances.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks rah.

Okay, so I may be in the frozen north but I clearly got some of my edumacation from the South.

Comment

Oops, we let a month slip by. Sorry AH.

Found this languishing deep in the bowels of page 3...

Comment

Working...
                                X