Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't my threads ever stay on the front page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pictures of cute pygmy possums would help.

Failing that, Tony Abbott being hit by a great white shark that had just been spun out of a waterspout. I'd like to see that....
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      Failing that, Tony Abbott being hit by a great white shark that had just been spun out of a waterspout. I'd like to see that....
      Your wish has been fulfilled. I don't think I've ever seen the media turn so suddenly, savagely and comprehensively against a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
        I guess I need to do my part too.... bump.

really AH...
        Bump.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          Your wish has been fulfilled. I don't think I've ever seen the media turn so suddenly, savagely and comprehensively against a PM.
          I didn't like him when he was deputy to the prime miniature. I like him less now.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That smiley isn't quite in line with the others we have.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                  I didn't like him when he was deputy to the prime miniature. I like him less now.
                  I don't think he was ever deputy PM. He was the Liberal Party's parliamentary attack dog for many years though.

Comment

Not being entirely familiar with current Australian politics, it seems like the anger about Tony Abbot is mostly the same knee-jerk "he must be racist because he wants to curb illegal immigration" bull**** we have here.

What I've seen of his foreign policy, I strongly approve of.

The anti-Abbot stuff I see reminds me strongly of the pre-2005 anti-Bush media circlejerk which wasn't actually borne out in popular opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Not being entirely familiar with current Australian politics
                      'Nuff said.

Comment

He's pretty popular on the foreign policy front. It's the domestic that's giving people the ****s. The media a particularly irate because of his defunding of two major publicly funded broadcasters, which has resulted in significant job losses in the sector.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                          The media are particularly irate because of his defunding of two major publicly funded broadcasters, which has resulted in significant job losses in the sector.
                          A lying politician. Same as it ever was.

The man labelled "Dr No" by Julia Gillard promised "no cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST, and, no cuts to the ABC or SBS".

I still miss SBS- it showed great films and documentaries and I very much enjoyed its news service.

Comment

Comment

Gotta love that banana
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X