Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't my threads ever stay on the front page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
    Maybe I'm not as witty and interesting as I think I am
    It's us. We're not smart enough to appreciate your threads.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's often threads that are about international stuff that stays in the news for weeks, or failing that US or European stuff that stays on Poly's front page. You're just not part of the dominant zeitgeist(s) is my guess.

Would you like to discuss the Australian deficit?

Comment

The real trick to staying on the front page is by alluding to suicidal tendencies in an obnoxious me-thread.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I suspect there's only room for one of those at a time.

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The issue of how many threads per page you are viewing should also be considered.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

max
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I think that mocking Russkies is a good way to keep a thread on the first page.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Every time I see that dancing banana I think of Lord Shiva.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I reckon mocking Americans might be effective

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        I think that mocking Russkies is a good way to keep a thread on the first page.
                        Hard to believe that thread is going to hit 10,000 posts before it's a year old.

Comment

Try posting some juicy gossip about the political goings on where you are currently posted.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            Hard to believe that thread is going to hit 10,000 posts.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              The real trick to staying on the front page is by alluding to suicidal tendencies in an obnoxious me-thread.
                              I made this thread mainly out of jealousy of your thread
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I guess I need to do my part too.... bump.

really AH...

Comment

Working...
                                X