Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't something be done about Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple questions for Kid:

1. When did you stop believing in the concept of sovereignty?
    2. The incident happened in September, in a known outlaw rural area. No Americans were harmed. So why is this one incident is your trigger point for a US invasion of our neighbor and ally?
    3. You say "this crap is happening just South of the US." Yet Iguala is 120 miles south of Mexico City and about 720 miles from the nearest US border. Do you really think poor students from southern Mexico have the ability and will to travel that far in order to attempt a border crossing?

I'm not saying that Mexican drug cartels and their agents in the government are nothing to be concerned with. What happened was very bad. But it is a wholly internal matter for Mexico. In my view, your reaction to this story (calling for a war/invasion) is a good example of your tendency to leap to inappropriate conclusions from very limited sets of facts.

I look forward to you calling me an idiot.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Doing nothing also has consequences as we see. It's not just 43 people that died. It's thousands. And millions live in terror.
      right. and when a sensible policy, in fact the only policy that can stop the violence i.e. ending the war on drugs, is suggested, you reject it out of hand and instead call for war(!). being badly informed you probably don't even know that mexican troops were put onto the streets in 2006 to 'stem the violence', and guess what, it did nothing to solve the problem, and in many ways made it worse.

it's imbeciles like you that provide the political cover for policies that breed violence and corruption all over the americas.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

He does keep the threads going though.

Credit where credit is due.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          right. and when a sensible policy, in fact the only policy that can stop the violence i.e. ending the war on drugs, is suggested, you reject it out of hand and instead call for war(!). being badly informed you probably don't even know that mexican troops were put onto the streets in 2006 to 'stem the violence', and guess what, it did nothing to solve the problem, and in many ways made it worse.

it's imbeciles like you that provide the political cover for policies that breed violence and corruption all over the americas.
          I reject ending the war on drugs for the same reason I reject your justification for molesting catholic school boys. Now get off your high horse.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            A couple questions for Kid:

1. When did you stop believing in the concept of sovereignty?
            2. The incident happened in September, in a known outlaw rural area. No Americans were harmed. So why is this one incident is your trigger point for a US invasion of our neighbor and ally?
            3. You say "this crap is happening just South of the US." Yet Iguala is 120 miles south of Mexico City and about 720 miles from the nearest US border. Do you really think poor students from southern Mexico have the ability and will to travel that far in order to attempt a border crossing?

I'm not saying that Mexican drug cartels and their agents in the government are nothing to be concerned with. What happened was very bad. But it is a wholly internal matter for Mexico. In my view, your reaction to this story (calling for a war/invasion) is a good example of your tendency to leap to inappropriate conclusions from very limited sets of facts.

I look forward to you calling me an idiot.
            The people of Mexico are not sovereign. They are terrorized and their government is corrupt. The violence is happening all over Mexico (literally on the border). So this is not even a trigger event. This has been happening and there seems to be alot of apathy regarding it.
            I don't care about this being an internal matter within Mexico. The people are terrorized. They have no power. It's nothing like the US.

Comment

There are people all over the US who are terrorized by drug lords, gangs, and corrupt government. This has been happening and there seems to be a lot of apathy about it.

Doesn't it make more sense to deal with these issues domestically before putting boots on the ground in Mexico?
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

We already are dealing with the issues domestically. Why is that a reason not to take action in Mexico?

Comment

Maybe because we haven't solved our domestic problems yet?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I took a shot that he was just trolling, but Kid doubled down on invading our allies.

Apparently he's serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      Maybe because we haven't solved our domestic problems yet?
                      Perhaps the Mexicans should intervene in the US while US' is busy intervening in Mexico. That way both armies can avoid eachother.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        I took a shot that he was just trolling, but Kid doubled down on invading our allies.

Apparently he's serious.
                        If you're going to play games maybe I will call you an idiot. I never said invade. We're already allied with the Mexican govt against the drug gangs.

Comment

• Ah excuse us, you just said WAR. Much different than invasion.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          War
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I also said against drug dealers.

Comment

• not in that post. You should be more clear when you rant.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                not in that post. You should be more clear when you rant.
                                If COckney asks nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X