No announcement yet.

Can't sleep dammit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could rent a penthouse but (1.ooo euros more) and I own the house and since now, the feeling of being DEBT FREE is so soothing, I don't know if I should rent it and then rent a penthouse and be on top of things.
    This could be done but it's a hassle. You need to find good tenants. Then make sure they pay, then make sure they don't destroy the house, then make sure they don't dissapear.

Then you take the rent (thank you very much) and go rent something else where of course I won't have such problems because I'm a presentable, respected well employed greek young man with a killer smile. (knocks off rent by about 20%)

Comment

Which makes me wonder: I'm very risk adverse. I want my own house that I have, a secure job that I have.
      I'm not the type to get 300.000 euros loan then can't pay it then go grovel to the state to get a reduction, then spend 200 euros a night at a nightclub, then not have enough to eat, then borrow more etc etc

I'm very german with my finances. I have full control. But that means I can't do lots of things. So maybe I should grow rasta hair and be a hippy loser, a very financially conscious hippy loser.
      Because you only live once, so might as well burn the whole lot. I could sell the house then get a one way ticket to taiti and start a coffee house.
      These ideas become more and more enticing.
      Sedentary life is overated and a trap.

Plus the *******s who do borrow are at a better state than me.
      They got their expensive house in the suburbds with money they can't pay and it can't be confiscated because it is considered first domicile.
      And what do responsible financially people like me get? a dick in the ass.

Comment

... a one way ticket to taiti and start a coffee house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          Plus the *******s who do borrow are at a better state than me.
          They got their expensive house in the suburbds with money they can't pay and it can't be confiscated because it is considered first domicile.
          And what do responsible financially people like me get? a dick in the ass.
          And this is why I won't lend money to Greece.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Can't sleep dammit

Clowns will eat you?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I said I was going to go somwhere and then I decided, no I won't go.
              Then I said, well maybe I should go.
              Then it was impossible to go.
              Then I said fine, I'll just relax and do some veluptuous balls scratching.
              Then I said I'll go to sleep early.
              Then the neighboors started making noise.
              So sleep destroyed.

Then I said, ok let's wait a bit and then I made some noise

And now well, scheiße

my planned zen relaxation is gone
              change your name BacK to Paiktis goddammit.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

And what do responsible financially people like me get?
                An easy life? ( as long as you like your job )
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Maybe, yes.
                  And I do like financial stability. As my grandfather used to say "you only put your hand as long as your pocket is" (meaning you don't overspend).
                  However when the modus vivendi of so many people is like this, and they get rewarded for it, you feel like a wanker sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    And this is why I won't lend money to Greece.
                    HAA! We finally found the invisible hand of the markets. EAAAAAT HIIIIIIM
                    Come here

Comment

There's actually talk by theodorakis to ditch the EU and the euro, default 100% on the debt, arrange a co-exploitation of the aegean oil resources with Turkey and approach Russia and China.
                      As long as I can download the big bang theory from torrents I think I'll be ok.

Comment

Paiktis, if you default on your debt where will the money come to finance the spending? The spending doesn't stop. Loans from the Russians and Chinese?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There is a primary surplus (excluding debt servicing) so if the line of credit stops tomorrow, salaries etc will be able to be paid, hospitals function, schools etc.
                          As it is now, Greece doesn't need external financing if not for servicing the debt.

Comment

A serious leadership could put theodorakis plan in action.
                            But, OTOH, if we had a serious leadership we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
                            The only reason Greece stays in the EU is that citizens have absolutely no trust in their political leadership whatsoever and they trust the EU more*. That and a feeling of shared values.
                            However, if this downward spiral continues, it will be very hard for any government to just "follow guidelines".

*case in point: the co-funding of renovvation of a major street in Athens. The commission turned down the co-financing and said that priority should be given in augmenting interconnections with the rest of Europe than simply proceed in "cosmetic" ameliorations of the capital.
                            (most people feel this cosmetic amelioration would be maybe good (cosmetic improvement) and maybe bad (traffic worsening) but it would certaintly fatten the pockets of some businessmen in an intrasparent manner, so the efforts of the gov. to paint the EU in a bad light, fell flat on its face)
                            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 24, 2014, 05:12.

Comment

There is a primary surplus (excluding debt servicing) so if the line of credit stops tomorrow, salaries etc will be able to be paid, hospitals function, schools etc.
                              As it is now, Greece doesn't need external financing if not for servicing the debt.
                              I think the suspicion that I as arrogant American hold is that the primary surplus is ephemeral. Do you share this opinion? Or do you trust your government?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't even think a surprus is necessairy if you have the "trust of the markets" and I don't trust the gov. one bit.
                                Besides it's not that Greece will exit. First, the whole of eastern Europe would have to exit since things there are even worse.
                                But Greece has a special thing that is that it was used to live way better than what it is now, whereas eastern Europeans don't have this experience.
                                So the tolerance levels are different.
                                The thing is that mismanagement continues, and even Merkel has said that the crisis has not been justly allocated between the rich and the poor of this country.
                                So on one hand you need to have some kind of pressure in order to keep finances in order and do meaningful reforms that will help the people (and that says a lot about the current political establishment...) but OTOH a policy of blant austerity is basically like putting out fire with gasoline.
                                It will all come down to how much more dismantlement of public services and the job market the people are able to tolerate.
                                In my opinion, lots and lots.
                                I trust the instinct of the people (always have) but something has got to give. The thing that pisses me off is that it's like we are in a sort of social experiment where public services are continuously eroded but to the point that there isn't any serious backlash and if there is a poissibility for it to happen then the "money taps" open more in order to counter it from surfacing.

If this would lead to an orthological handling of finances I'd be for it but what actually happens more and more is a impovershment of both the people and the deterioration of public services, while *******s keep their privileges!
                                BUT, the people will decide how much they can tolerate that and what alternatives they want to take.
                                My fear is that the tolerance threshold for what's going on is still unimaginably high.
                                Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 24, 2014, 07:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X