No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of living in a city and having to live on the edge of it...?
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

You're still close enough to take advantage of all the services it offers, while also having a lot of green. It's only 15'-20' to downtown when it isn't rush hour.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Also, the point of being on the edge is that it's the edge that is against the delta.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Literally? Or is that some sort of river metaphor I'm not aware of?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Delta of Venus?
            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              You're still close enough to take advantage of all the services it offers, while also having a lot of green. It's only 15'-20' to downtown when it isn't rush hour.
              Well, living in the middle of my city, I have lots of green and a river and it's only 10 mins to work - when it is rush hour...

Comment

I'm going to give this one to N35t0r. The bottom of his shoes likely aren't covered in sheep semen.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's not quite your kind of kayaking, but I can cycle here in about 10 mins: http://www.ciww.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	5614085955_9211960d08_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	9101299

Comment

Or here: http://www.cardiffseasafaris.co.uk/

Comment

During winter, is pond hockey at all popular in the UK?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As in ice hockey on ponds?

Doesn't get cold enough!

Comment

For ice hockey in Cardiff, this has just started being built: http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/#home

Name:	slide1.jpg
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	9101300

Name:	slide5.jpg
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	9101301

I imagine it's probably midget-sized compared to the US...

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                            As in ice hockey on ponds?

Doesn't get cold enough!
                            Yes.

I figured.

See. I don't like that. If it's going to be not-summer, I'd like to be able to play hockey.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                              For ice hockey in Cardiff, this has just started being built:

If they have open ice time for hockey, I suspect I might destroy just about every Welshman who made the mistake of trying to get some.

"THATS MY PUCK SHEEPFUCKER "
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I live in a city which, along with it's suburbs, houses 13 million people. Wales is a village, regardless of what they ****.
                                Hey, I met a chick who said she was from Paraguay. That's like right next door. I bet you know her.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X