Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellows, what do we know about the Chinese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellows, what do we know about the Chinese?

I mean this in a good way. Not that we'd have prejudice to begin with.

I bumped into this girl, she's about my age, few years younger (32). So she kind of likes me and I kind of like her. We talk in English as her Finnish is still a bit rusty. In fact I think it makes more sense for me to learn Chinese. But she's here to stay so... I'll teach her probably. She is smart and determined. Very positive and did I tell you she is smoking hot? I actually thought she was Japanese first, she's classically beautiful in a way that's rare to find. That is if you look for beauty. Super special. It's her face that's just amazing. So we're going for a date after February, when my divorce is final and stands in court. Like on a date date. I'll probably take her to a nice restaurant kind of a date.

She seems nice but I have to tell you, I don't know anything about the Chinese or China. I've studies Asia, but I focused on SE Asia and Japan. China was cool but I sort of did nto apy so much attention to it. But of course msot importantly, Chinese people it is that I want to know more about.

It was cool too because neither of us knew what we looked like before we met the first time, and I liked what I knew about her adn vice versa. I actually felt some inferioirty complex next to her like wow, she's a stunner! And not an idiot! I only stun myself when I run into a wall and I'm not sharpest knife in the kichen.

For some reason she makes my stomach all weird and head spin. I'm even nervous. So help me out, what do we know about them?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

How about you just ask her out for coffee and see how it goes?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't have to, we agreed to go on a date

I just want to learn about the Chinese in the meanwhile. Maybe about Chinese culture. I'm interested.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Most ethnic Chinese I'm friends with are 2nd or 3rd gen Canucks, so my advise is same as above. Or ask her out to a movie.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

They make cheap lingerie and BDSM equipment.

Many of them are really business - minded.
          And also, many of the still bear a grudge against the japanese because of the crimes commited in Manchuku.

And better don´t assume that all of them like the taste of Pidan (century eggs)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Uncle Sparky, her family still lives in China. She came here to study. She is very business oriented, used to work for a bank as well. But for me, she's quite exotic in a good way Maybe I can do experiemnts on her... or with her. TO learn about the Chinese. We can listen to Wu Tang and Shaolin Monks.
            In da butt.

Comment

awesome title

also... Pekka
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What do you want to know, Pekka?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                  Uncle Sparky, her family still lives in China. She came here to study. She is very business oriented, used to work for a bank as well. But for me, she's quite exotic in a good way Maybe I can do experiemnts on her... or with her. TO learn about the Chinese. We can listen to Wu Tang and Shaolin Monks.
                  She's a spy.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't even know, I could just Google it up but I thought maybe we have Chinese posters here or someone who knows Chinese people in person. I don't know, what are Chinese people like? As in I know they're certainly not like Finns. I mean they are people like us but from such another cultural background that we don't have much in common. For example, whose rules should abide by? I assume we go with local rules and be arrogant like that, meaning that if we go and have a coffee, I'll pay for it all.

She probably does nto start spinning coffee plates or do I have to specifically tell her not to?
                    In da butt.

Comment

1. If she really is 32 and single, she's desperate to get married and have kids. There's a lot pressure from her family, who will then put a lot of pressure on you. She may try to eat your kids.

2. Look at how naturalized she is. Does she still basically live a Chinese life in a foreign city? If so, you're an oddity to her. Eventually she'll grow weary of all the compromises.

3. She won't do anal unless she is very drunk. She will rarely be very drunk.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The wife of a good friend of mine is chinese ... unfortunately this wouldn´t help you much theys are all individuals, after all.

For example she is a staunch atheist while many other chinese are into buddhism or christianity.

But if you want a helpful tip:
                        Better don´t start a discussion about the political system in China with her ...
                        many chinese, especially from the middle or upper class, are rather proud of their country,
                        so talking about things like the Tiananmen massacre or the treatment of political dissidents in china might be rather a bad step if you want her to like you
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I've been watching modern kungfu dramas on Netflix for the last couple weeks, so I know all about this.

When you meet a Chinese woman, she is likely a demon. If she's not a demon, she is a princess. In either case she has an insanely jealous and powerful ex who's armies will hunt you down and try to kill you.

Customary greeting is to demonstrate your martial arts upon each other. If you happen to impress her with your fighting skills, you can then date. While dating, be wary of any Buddhist monks who happen by, as they are likely looking to trap your new girlfriend in a bauble or trinket. Send your girlfriend's sister to mischievously distract them while you go ANYWHERE BUT A BUDDHIST MONASTERY, TEMPLE, OR IMPERIAL PALACE.

Comment

I was in Hong Kong for 3 days. They all seemed stuck up. That's all I know.

Good luck with the hotty.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If she is from Shanghai, run and don't look back.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X