Who has my money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has my money

When you make an electronic transfer, the bank takes away your money immediately. However, it can take 2 - 3 business days for the money to show up in the new account. Who is holding the money during those 2 - 3 business days? Is someone earning interest on that money during that time? If you take all the electronic transfers happening every day all over the world, how much money does that amount to?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

The Illuminati.
    Yes.
    Lots.

Comment

communist!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've always wondered why they're called the illuminati?
        Is there some obscure reason like that if you screw a light bulb in one's ass it will light up and hence you'll know he's illuminati?
        They bring the light?
        Something like that.

Comment

illuminati, more like illuminaughty
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Illuminati are the enlightened ones?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

If they pass the light bulb test I think it's certified

Comment

Go on Sava

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                When you make an electronic transfer, the bank takes away your money immediately. However, it can take 2 - 3 business days for the money to show up in the new account. Who is holding the money during those 2 - 3 business days? Is someone earning interest on that money during that time? If you take all the electronic transfers happening every day all over the world, how much money does that amount to?
                Follow the double entry bookkeeping.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Probably the same people who are keeping all your fractions of a penny

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      Over here, wires of up to ~5k USD are instant if made during business hours (8-18). Domestic obvs.

For int'l transfers, I think the money just sits in the respective banks clearing sections while all the steps are performed. Very probably nobody is earning interest on that cash, but IDK.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Bankers put the money in a big pile and lie on it.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          Go on Sava

Well, if they were overly contrarian, I'd call them the IllumiNOTi

If they're home office was in North Dakota, I'd call them the IlluMINOTi

If they were engaged in a light bulb conspiracy, I'd call them the IlLUMENati.

If the surnames of the leaders were: von Bismark and Skorzeny, they'd be the Illuminotto

That also applies somewhat if they're Turks: Illuminottoman
                          or a piece of furniture....

more?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If they were football commentators, they'd be Ilumenotti.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

if they were from the UK, their home city would be Illuminottingham
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X