Elite: Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E: D Gamma is out.

Lots of changes compared to the last beta.

Aside from this there are now the advanced starter packages in game (for those who bought them) with different starting locations and -ships. No more starting with a boring sidewinder
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well you deserve it if you financed it
      What are your PC specs if you don't mind my asking (and how smoothly does it play on them? - or is this a breach of confidenciality? It's ok if it's forbidden to answer )

EDIT: should really start reading the whole thread
      I think I'm covered on the upgrade front and need only worry about the other front cockney alluded to.
      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 22, 2014, 14:29.

Comment

The first new game I have been excited about in years.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Do you need a joystick to play the game properly?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            Do you need a joystick to play the game properly?
            A HOTAS is very helpful.
            On the other hand I have a friend who plays the game just with Keyboard and Mouse and doesn´t seem to have any problems.
            So I´d say ... nope, you don´t need a joystick ... you just might get a better experience out of it (or a HOTAS)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The trigger has been pulled.

Downloading.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I heard people were mad at this game because it is going to be only online from now on
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I am not exactly surprised with that move, and in principle, it does not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    I heard people were mad at this game because it is going to be only online from now on
                    Yep, initially it was planned to have a Solo-Offline mode which was skipped from theirn plans 1.5 weeks ago. dunno if it was for update or DRM reasons.
                    They still have an Online Solo mode (actually had it already from the beginning of Beta) ... in this mode you won´t meet any other human player in game, but the client will occasionally contact the server, among others to update the prices of the stations according to supply and demand in the online world.
                    Thereforee I´d say the only ones who realy get hurt by the absence of an Offline mode are people who want to play the game with no internetconnection available.

Comment

I think I'll watch some let's plays and/or streamers and see what this is about
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you are adventurous and want to know how 0.22 ly feel when you have to cover them in Supercruise, jump to ALpha/Proxima Centauri and try to reach Hutton orbital.
                        Took me an hour in Supercruise to get there, with a maximum speed of ~1700c

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          A HOTAS is very helpful.
                          On the other hand I have a friend who plays the game just with Keyboard and Mouse and doesn´t seem to have any problems.
                          So I´d say ... nope, you don´t need a joystick ... you just might get a better experience out of it (or a HOTAS)
                          Thanks. I can't defend the buy of a HOTAS or similar, but StarCitizen is so darn long away still, so I contemplate getting Elite when it comes out or get on sale to have something to play while I wait. Right now it's so very expensive.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I bought it, downloaded it - but have to work ... will have to see if my old sidewinder will still work on Win 7... some web reports say it works just fine.

Comment

i still haven't bought it. i'm actually looking into upgrading my internet (we share it with the others in our villa, and it's really not very good), so i can play it properly, but internet in rio de janeiro is a massive rip off. most companies expect you to buy a TV+phone+internet combo; i have no use for the first two and the prices they charge for internet on its own are outrageous. the few companies that offer just internet either charge too much or don't offer it in my area (and i live 15 minutes on foot from the city centre ffs). in the small cities surrounding rio prices are reasonable, so there's definitely some oligopoly bull**** going on, although being brazil, no doubt there is some government corruption in there too.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Hard to believe that in a multi million people city they still did not bring affordable connectivity to the masses.

Comment

Working...
                                X