historical Jesus also a myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Recall that the messianic lines refers to coming from the House of David. Adopted children tend to belong to the same house as their fathers.
    Adopted children can claim messianic bloodlines?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      The only one's making that argument are the people who reject the text. The argument we are making is that if the sources themselves have different authors and different dates (something which is not controversial with the Old Testament), that this has implications for the historiography of the bible. \\

I'd go so far to argue that the primeval text of Genesis was not originally written down by Moses. But dates, perhaps as far back as several thousand years before him.
      So answer the fucking question you pubic hair eating coward assbag:

all of humanity is descended from two people?

and no more "history hat" BS... you already claimed Jesus miracles were real
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Adopted children can claim messianic bloodlines?
        It's not even the first time that actually happened if you study the bloodlines closely
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So answer the ****ing question you pubic hair eating coward assbag
          Did all of humanity descend from two people? Yes.

Perhaps you should rethink your question.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Did all of humanity descend from two people? Yes.
            Demonstrably false. By your logic, that invalidates all the gospels. You lose. Drive through please.

NEXT!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Demonstrably false. By your logic, that invalidates all the gospels. You lose. Drive through please.
              It is a mathematic certainty that all of humanity is descended from two people. Or even one person.

I suggest you rephrase your question.

Comment

It is a mathematic certainty that all of humanity is descended from two people. Or even one person.

No. Just no.

edit: most recent common ancestor is a thing... however, even the MRCA had a mother and father... and lived in a community with many other humans
                Last edited by Sava; November 14, 2014, 19:22.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If I can cite a scientific paper that justifies my statement, will you pay me 50 dollars cash?

Comment

A paper about Mitochondrial Eve is pretty easy to find.

Comment

A paper about Mitochondrial Eve is pretty easy to find.
                      Which is why Sava should really rephrase his question.

Comment

If I can cite a scientific paper that justifies my statement, will you pay me 50 dollars cash?
                        No. See edit.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Does BK think humans descended from 2 people? If you accept evolution (which BK does, because he's Catholic), then it's an incontrovertible fact that humans descended from precisely 0 other humans.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Which is why Sava should really rephrase his question.
                            My laziness doesn't grant you brownee points, bud
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Does BK think humans descended from 2 people? If you accept evolution (which BK does, because he's Catholic), then it's an incontrovertible fact that humans descended from precisely 0 other humans.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No. See edit.

My laziness doesn't grant you brownee points, bud
                                I had a different reply and then I thought. WAAAIT. Mitochondrial eve counts as '2 people'.

Comment

Working...
                                X