A pretty harsh review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pretty harsh review.

It has been a while since I have seen a review straight up tell readers not to buy a game.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Look at the reviews for BE on Steam. There are hundreds telling you not to buy the game.

Comment

I agree with pretty much everything he said except he forgot to mention that 1upt is terrible.
      Last edited by Hauldren Collider; October 31, 2014, 10:15.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Game balance is also horrible. AI declared a war on me, every single enemy unit died to my frontier city. I can't declare peace to AI at all even after 50 turns, and i can't conquer a single AI city either (my units are strength 14, cities are strength 50+). Yet i have 19 cities of my own. What the hell is that?

So, i need to press end turn 200 times hoping that my unit's strength will finally outscale enemy cities' strength? But that will be endgame at that point. What kind of 4X game is it if i can't conquer a single enemy city?

Who tested this thing? I have no desire to finish even my first game, let alone start a second one.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

Cities are conquered by combined arms. Or über units from the affinity specific branches. Regular soldiers alone are meat grinder stuff.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

That links is an interesting read, thanx for posting

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
              Game balance is also horrible. AI declared a war on me, every single enemy unit died to my frontier city. I can't declare peace to AI at all even after 50 turns, and i can't conquer a single AI city either (my units are strength 14, cities are strength 50+). Yet i have 19 cities of my own. What the hell is that?

So, i need to press end turn 200 times hoping that my unit's strength will finally outscale enemy cities' strength? But that will be endgame at that point. What kind of 4X game is it if i can't conquer a single enemy city?

Who tested this thing? I have no desire to finish even my first game, let alone start a second one.
              I had the same issue with the AI declaring war and not able to make peace. (See my thread "eternal war"). I also agree that the others seems much more powerful than I do but for a while I was able to conquer several cities. (done now). Wondering if it is because I don't really focus on one of the three tracks. I guess if you choose the same (eg. harmony) then you get quicker upgrades and thus become more powerful. That said, I am not yet impressed. Also the Planet Carver is not that powerful...compared with its name.

I am convinced however that soon a patch will arrive to resolve many of the issues. I play such games for years to come so I don't mind that there are still some bugs too be fixed. Very complex games only show bugs when being used by a huge number of players...
              Last edited by Lambiorix_be; November 1, 2014, 09:50. Reason: typo

Comment

I agree with most everything the reviewer said.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X