Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX CD made of gold ?

Hi everybody,

after playing SMAC with growing enthusiasm for some years now, I was thrilled by the thought of having seven new factions and the other upgrades from the SMAX add-on.

But since you cant find it in the stores anymore, I entered ebay and the prices are at 25 Euros seven days before the end of the auction. How can that be??? I bought SMAC at a price of 5 Euros at our local supermarket! (right in front of the exit, where they are normally selling cheap rubbish. What a pity for a great game like this...) And that was the real game, not just the upgrade!

Are there only twenty copies left worldwide or is it just that nobody wants to give his copy away, once he has it? (Would be my guess) There seem to be SMAC copies around everywhere but not a single game of SMAX for a reasonable price. (I'm sorry but I cannot spend that much money on computergames)

Sigh... I guess I have to be content with my SMAC game until the prices are dropping or I finally got rich.

P.S. Perhaps I should somehow gather the money and get the US version altogether. Your comments on the audio samples that come with the SPs indicate that they are definitely funnier than the German ones. Example? Following the first Network node you hear: "Listen people listen!" chorus: " WE HAVE A NETWORK NODE!" (or similar) Not very funny, is it?

Although SMAX used to be hard to find, it has now been reissued (as a download) by GOG (previously known as Good Old Games). You have to buy SMAC to get SMAX, but it's only $5.99 for both games. GOG occasionally has a sale and knocks several dollars off the price. Here's a link:

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™ Planetary Pack includes the original Alpha Centauri and the e
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
    X