Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy Game FAQ

What is a Democracy Game?

In a democracy game (or demogame or DG) the entire community plays a single, single-player game cooperatively. Per the name, we decide democratically what our faction should do - where to found cities, what to research, and who to conquer liberate. These orders are then carried out by a designated player (typically elected) who will be communicating the results in a live chat or streaming them on Twitch.

How does this actually work?

The initial designated player will start a single-player game with agreed-upon map and civilization parameters. He will play the turn according to the instructions given him by the ministers and the citizens. After each turn he will save the game and post the save to the forum, where anyone can download it to look at the state of the civ.

How do I participate?

The easiest way is to post in the forum, vote in elections and vote in polls. We will hold periodic elections for the positions of President and some ministers. These ministers will handle minutia within their sphere of responsbility - for example, the Minister for the Interior might be responsible for planning worker allocation. However, the bigger decisions (what tech to research next?) will be put up for group discussion and vote.

What if I want to be in the government?

Then next time there is an election for the position you want, nominate yourself! Anyone can run for office.

What kind of positions are there?

Right now our constitution only provides for a President, who is also the designated turn-player. After the first several turns we plan to expand this with several ministers such as Science and Interior.

Once our faction grows more, we will create new officer positions such as Governor. Players will be able to choose which city they live in and vote for their local governor, who will have control over some aspects of the city.
    Last edited by regexcellent; October 24, 2014, 09:33.

My question for the FAQ: Where is everybody?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Thanks for sharing! It’s very useful!
      run 3 online

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
        What is a Democracy Game?

In a democracy game (or demogame or DG) the entire community plays a single, single-player game cooperatively. Per the name, we decide democratically what our faction should do - where to found cities, what to research, and who to <strike>conquer</strike> liberate. These orders are then carried out by a designated player (typically elected) who will be communicating the results in a live chat or streaming them on Twitch.

How does this actually work?

The initial designated player will start a single-player game with agreed-upon map and civilization parameters. He will play the turn according to the instructions given him by the ministers and the citizens. After each turn he will save the game and post the save to the forum, where anyone can download it to look at the state of the civ.

How do I participate?

The easiest way is to post in the forum, vote in elections and vote in polls. We will hold periodic elections for the positions of President and some ministers. These ministers will handle minutia within their sphere of responsbility - for example, the Minister for the Interior might be responsible for planning worker allocation. However, the bigger decisions (what tech to research next?) will be put up for group discussion and vote.

What if I want to be in the government?

Then next time there is an election for the position you want, nominate yourself! Anyone can run for office.

What kind of positions are there?

Right now our constitution only provides for a President, who is also the designated turn-player. After the first several turns we plan to expand this with several ministers such as Science and Interior.

Once our faction grows more, we will create new officer positions such as Governor. Players will be able to choose which city they live in and vote for their local governor, who will have control over some aspects of the city.
        Is this still going?

Comment

Democracy 4 is available on Steam, if you want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarrynad View Post
            Democracy 4 is available on Steam, if you want to try it. Web Design Miramar
            Oh, really? Will check on it on Steam. Thank you!

Comment

I didn't understand the question of if I wanted to join the government. If someone knows then make sure to explain to me.
              Youtube Vanced APK
              ​

Comment

www.drywallgreensboro.com
                I appreciate that! Will check on it on Steam!

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
                  My question for the FAQ: Where is everybody?
                  Hi,
                  FAQ Comment: Players might be spread across different game zones, engaged in various activities, or simply offline. Use the in-game chat or forums to coordinate meetups or events, and consider joining a guild or community to connect with others more easily. Enjoy the diverse world of the game.

Comment

This Democracy Game concept sounds like an engaging way to collaborate and strategize within a gaming community! salon space for rent fort lauderdale​

Comment

That's a fascinating concept for a democracy game (DG)! It sounds like a unique blend of strategy, community engagement, and even a touch of performance. Chiropractor Naples

Comment

A Democracy Game (or demogame or DG) is a collaborative gaming experience where an entire community plays a single-player game cooperatively. The concept revolves around democratic decision-making, where players collectively determine the actions of their faction within the game. Infinity Pool & Outdoor Living​

Comment

Working...
                        X