UK: Obese woman blames government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me, and I'm 46.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The state would benefit from her being healthier. In the long term, her health care costs are likely to be much lower. I don't see the problem here.

This whole anti-woman thing is getting out of hand.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Keep in mind that I work 60 hrs a week. I used to work 74 hours a week when I was is the Navy. I work in a field dominated by men, but there are women who do what I do. But I think I worked 16 hours maybe 3 times in my life.

Comment

Find a penis yet?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Keep in mind that I work 60 hrs a week. I used to work 74 hours a week when I was is the Navy. I work in a field dominated by men, but there are women who do what I do. But I think I worked 16 hours maybe 3 times in my life.
            You don't seem to understand how this whole logic and evidence thing works. You claimed that people don't work 16 hour days. I provided a counter-example of people who did work 16 hour days. Therefore your claim is wrong, and no amount of people not working 16 hour days that you present is evidence to the contrary.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              I've worked more than 16 hours at a stretch on dozens of occasions. You yanks must be really lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

As counter-evidence I present my diet through most of college.
                Yes. I'm sure the dietary needs of a 135 pound male in his late teens/early 20's applies to a story about an overweight mother and two children.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  The state would benefit from her being healthier. In the long term, her health care costs are likely to be much lower. I don't see the problem here.

This whole anti-woman thing is getting out of hand.
                  She wouldn't lose weight if the state gave her more money. Currently she's getting the equivalent of over $30,000 a year for a family of three so she's not even poor. She would just find another excuse for being fat instead of accepting that she eats too much.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                    She wouldn't lose weight if the state gave her more money. Currently she's getting the equivalent of over $30,000 a year for a family of three so she's not even poor. She would just find another excuse for being fat instead of accepting that she eats too much.
                    The cost of raising children in the UK:

The cost of raising a child from birth until their 21st birthday has soared to more than £218,000, according to research from insurer LV=, which makes more gloomy reading for the UK's cash-strapped families.
                    LV='s Cost of a Child survey says rising education costs and childcare are the biggest expenditure, as three-quarters of parents admit to making cutbacks in everyday living

For two kids, £20,000 is barely breaking even.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                      He's a European.
                      I suspect he's equally suffering under the misapprehension that Edmund Burke is Canadian or such.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        The cost of raising children in the UK:

LV='s Cost of a Child survey says rising education costs and childcare are the biggest expenditure, as three-quarters of parents admit to making cutbacks in everyday living

For two kids, £20,000 is barely breaking even.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

LV='s Cost of a Child survey says rising education costs and childcare are the biggest expenditure
                        Yeah, totally applicable for a single mother who doesn't earn any income.

Comment

Those costs exist, you know. I'm not sure what's so funny about that.

Seems like you're on a good caffeine kick this morning.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

also, have any of you grocery noobs ever bought fresh fruit before?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              You don't seem to understand how this whole logic and evidence thing works. You claimed that people don't work 16 hour days. I provided a counter-example of people who did work 16 hour days. Therefore your claim is wrong, and no amount of people not working 16 hour days that you present is evidence to the contrary.
                              I didn't mean that no one ever worked a 16 hour day. Look at the context. My point was simply that kentonio was exaggerating. The only reason to make that point is that kentonio thinks that men are privileged, which they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                I've worked more than 16 hours at a stretch on dozens of occasions. You yanks must be really lazy.
                                You worked 16 hours doing what?

Comment

Working...
                                X