No announcement yet.

Paris: Christmas tree? Or butt plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had a site or youtube channel dedicated to videos of you puking on people, I would contribute $5.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Paris is back at it.....

The British sculptor Anish Kapoor comes under fire for artwork in the French palace of Versailles that has been called "dirty" and "gross".

Sculptor Anish Kapoor defends Versailles 'vagina' artwork

Click image for larger version

Name:	_83457289_83453675.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	9101672
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I've no problem with controversial artwork (although I think this is pretty ****), but putting it in front of famous attractions is annoying. As the german tourist said, he came to see the palace, not some peice of art completely changing the tone of the place.

Comment

The problem with controversial "art" is that it invariably involves deliberately offending people by putting in a place where they will be forced to see it. When you stick a giant vagina sculpture or a butt plug in front of a famous landmark the message I'm getting isn't that you're pushing boundaries, it's that you're a giant *******.

Comment

The sculpture might as well be a giant *******.

Comment

...or a giant seashell.

Seriously, who looks at that thing and immediately thinks, "vagina"?
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think kids would run in there and hide from their parents.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

...thereby becoming the most "meta" artwork ever.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      The problem with controversial "art" is that it invariably involves deliberately offending people by putting in a place where they will be forced to see it. When you stick a giant vagina sculpture or a butt plug in front of a famous landmark the message I'm getting isn't that you're pushing boundaries, it's that you're a giant *******.
                      Seems like the problem is that whiny ****heads are getting offended by it. You know what defeats shock value? Not being shocked by it.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X