Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris: Christmas tree? Or butt plug?

You decide.

Tis the season to be cheeky: It’s only October, but artist Paul McCarthy has already gifted Paris with an 80-foot Christmas tree, erected in the venerable Place Vendome. But the sculpture, simply named “Tree,” has sparked outrage in the City treeof Lights because passersby are mistaking it for a giant green sex toy.

McCarthy is known for provocative sculptures, like a giant inflatable pile of poop in Hong Kong, Santa Claus holding a phallic tree in Rotterdam and two animatronic George W. Bushes having sex with pigs in London. So we can call this a tree, but no one’s fooled.

Least of all the anti-gay group French Spring, which protested France’s marriage equality law. The group tweeted their disapproval on Wednesday, writing “A sex toy giant 24m high will Be installed at Place Vendome. Taxpayers , this is where your your tax dollars are going!”

The group also says the work “disfigured” the Place Vendome and has “humiliated” Paris.

In all fairness, if Paris was worried about being humiliated by a giant phallic structure, it would’ve thrown a modesty sheet over the Eiffel Tower 125 years ago.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

The creator already got attacked and the work vandalized.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
        The creator already got attacked and the work vandalized.
        Crazy fundamentalists.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

people have the filthiest of minds.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

lol

he group tweeted their disapproval on Wednesday, writing “A sex toy giant 24m high will Be installed at Place Vendome. Taxpayers , this is where your your tax dollars are going!”
            thousands of french dollars probably.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It does look like a butt plug but given how the French are in to kinky sex Paris is the perfect place for it.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I definitely wouldn´t want to encounter the butthole, this plug fits into
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In all fairness, if Paris was worried about being humiliated by a giant phallic structure, it would’ve thrown a modesty sheet over the Eiffel Tower 125 years ago.
                  Eiffel took talent. I'm pretty sure this is something *I* could make.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Deflated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	n-MCCARTHY-large570.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9101261
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      ... I'm pretty sure this is something *I* could make.
                      I agree - you are a giant butt plug.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I agree - you are a giant butt plug.
                        So I turn people on? Curious.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            So I turn people on? Curious.
                            It's all your ebola talk, gets people hot.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I got a fever for you ben, come a little closer

*barfs*

Comment

Working...
                              X