Are you a misogynist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a misogynist?

Guys, I'm trying to better myself so I'm researching this to see if I have any extreme hatred of women, because some have suggested that. I encourage all of you to also check yourselves so that we can rid apolyton of all misogyny and make it a place for women to.

This expert on misogyny compiled a list to check to see if someone hates women

1 Do you think women are evil? (Ok obvious)
    2 Do you think women are good? (not so obvious)
    3 Do you have suggestions for women?
    4 Do you blame women?
    5 Do you refuse to give women free stuff, including intimacy?
    6 Are you charming towards women?

I am guilty of some of those things guys and I have decided to change my misogynist ways? Do you share any of these characteristics? If so please join me. Do it for women guys.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

no
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I am very charming

Comment

Sava is an ass. So he's clear.

Comment

I think you haven't done a very good job of summarising the article in that list.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

How so?

Comment

Take a look at this example-

Kid says-
              2 Do you think women are good? (not so obvious)
              What the article actually says is-

Saints and Sinners
              Also called the virgin/whore complex, does your guy classify all women as either a saint or a sinner? A common trait among misogynists is to label a woman as either “good” or “bad” and treat her accordingly.

How did he react the first time he met your friends? Was he instantly turned off by most of them, and did he encourage you, perhaps subtly at first, to get rid of them? If so, consider that the first warning sign.

Misogynists will often exert their women-hating tendencies by trying to eliminate or reduce the number of women in their lives. He has his reasons for wanting to be with you, but that doesn’t mean he has to share you with friends.

While it might seem odd that a misogynist forms a relationship to begin with, even misogynists can connect with women because deep down they’re still men, still human and have emotional and physical needs.

However, just because he wants to sleep with you doesn’t mean he views you as his equal.

Under his seemingly charming exterior, he may still believe that you’re beneath him, that he’s somehow entitled to his relationship with you and that you’re just a sexual object to him.
              That's a really quite impressive example of completely missing the points being made.

Comment

I wouldn't call that "misogynist" so much as "abusive, controlling psycho."
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Next one-

Kid says-

3 Do you have suggestions for women?
                  What the article actually says is-

The Control Freak
                  Misogynists believe they’re in control of the relationship and can dictate everything from how you wear your hair to what time dinner will be served and what movie you’ll see.

They’ll often begin with gentle teasing, then cajoling, before slowly moving on to insults and ridicule to get you to change your behavior or appearance. Listen carefully to his “suggestions.”

“He’s trying to get you to be who you’re not,” says Los Angeles-based psychotherapist Stacy Kaiser. “One day you wake up, and you’re like, ‘Where did I go? I don’t even know what I like to eat anymore!’”

Sure, it’s normal for a man to have preferences. But if your guy continually presses the matter, gets angry when you tell him no or takes steps to implement the change behind your back, he may be a misogynist.

“With a control freak, you have to give up more and more of your separate experiences, separate activities, separate friends,” says Mark Rogers, Ph.D., an Irving, Texas, relationship coach who works with Dr. Phil. “And then it goes deeper to separate thoughts and feelings until you're emotionally micromanaged. And that’ll kill you.”

To draw an analogy, if you were on the firing range you wouldn't just have missed the target. You'd have shot someone in a streetside cafe serving lattes. On a different continent.

Comment

I'm just baffled why you'd waste your time this way, y'know?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I wouldn't call that "misogynist" so much as "abusive, controlling psycho."
                      I suspect there is a lot of overlap between the two groups.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bugs, I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word "summary.". Let's say you think women are evil. Is that not misogyny? And if you claim all women are good, you are clearly hiding your misogyny. Correct? I don't see your point. Anyway, it's good to have a discussion about this serious issue.

Comment

Do you jerk goats off into your willing mouth? Is that what's going on here?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Bugs, I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word "summary.". Let's say you think women are evil. Is that not misogyny?
                            Yes.

And if you claim all women are good, you are clearly hiding your misogyny. Correct?

No. Perhaps you'd like to quote the relevant section of the article that you're hilariously failing to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                              Yes.

No. Perhaps you'd like to quote the relevant section of the article that you're hilariously failing to understand?
                              Sir, you have already quoted the text. It says that men who say women who are good, just want to sleep with them. And they will isolate them from their friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X