No announcement yet.

Site Issue: What's New ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will look into that AAHZ. The forum might not be accounting for daylight savings?

Comment

Ok, new posts in OT, COT, Site, and Sports forums will no longer show up in "What's New". If there's demand for it I will look into allowing them to show in What's New" in those forums only.

So now all we need is some on-topic posts to fill in the What's New and push out the OT posts that are there now... might take a while!

Comment

New threads should also be excluded now.

Comment

i use tapatalk
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            I'd love it if my phone would stop telling me that apolyton is tapatalk native
            I tried something to disable that notification while leaving Taptalk active ... let me know if you still get the notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              i use tapatalk
              Is it still working for you? I disable the notification for users using mobile devices on the standard forum themes, but I think the rest should be working normally.

Comment

Yup. This post is from phone
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Comment

wtf is tapatalk?
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

This actually looks pretty good on the surface. I do wonder if they have kept the fundamental flaw of Civ 5 though, namely, 1UPT. That flaw is what just screwed the game and made it boring because every negative part of civ 5 was a result of that. To prevent a carpet of doom they had to nerf production, but to do that they also had to slow down research and money, which is why the game was always boring as he'll. You'd just hit end turn over and over as you waited 20 turns to build a single damn unit.

Get rid of 1UPT and you can make a whole series of improvements which make the game more fun and more interesting. With Civ 6 all they need to do is put a hex map on Civ 4 and improve the graphics so hopefully they will stop trying to fix things which aren't broken and instead return to the winning formula they had up to the turf which is Civ 5.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

1UPT is still in. I'd rather it wasn't, but CivBE looks a lot more interesting than Civ V. Pacing is faster, outputs higher, some added systems that look integral (Espionage, Orbital), and of course lots of new flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                          wtf is tapatalk?
                          A cell phone app that lets you read forums in a more consistent way between forums. It has some nice features, like pulling feeds from multiple forums for a central news feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            I tried something to disable that notification while leaving Taptalk active ... let me know if you still get the notification.
                            I don't see a notification
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                            X