16 days on Akimiski Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 days on Akimiski Island

back for two nights... had to check on house. took float plane from moosonee... remote. very. and birds... some of the biggest birds I've ever seen... no idea what they were. hiking early morning in flat muflat areas and you would stir things up. yeah, scared me. they are BIG. nice weather for that area this time of year. global warming I guess. first time there. not sure where to next. pretty much cold season now.

good thing I like mountain house meals beef stroganoff and noodles is the best.

made it on 3 pints of captain. not too bad!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Eureka Apex 2... a GOOD tent. 2 person, light weight. this tent can take some wind. yeah, I use lost of rope to secure but still... very good. its known as the bubble bee - yellow, you can see it from a bit of distance. not a 4 season tent but I've used it in snow... and it's warm.

Comment

I hate when the wind beats on your tent. I slept on the face of a mountain once. Actually I didn't sleep. Fun though.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I always sleep indoors.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I also got woken by a bear circling my tent. He then proceeded to my car and tried to tear off the door.

Comment

Have the leaves started to turn yet?

Women are like leaves. Sometimes, they fall out of trees... and Ben Kenobi has never had sex with one.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Men push them out of trees.

Comment

Have you ever had to wipe your ass with a leaf? I've never had to.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nah, never.

Comment

Speaking of pooping... i just pooped
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        Speaking of pooping... i just pooped
                        Poop humor used to be really low on my list of priorities, but now it's more like... Number Two.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                        X