Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had to buy a separate IP service to get online at home

Modern family

Four boys at home on school holidays with all their devices going so Dad, who pays for the home service, had to get a dedicated separate IP service to get online
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Australian internet sounds crazy
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's hopeless Sava, we're the global village idiot.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Judging from the choice of PM, I find it hard to argue with you on that point.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Said the man from the country where our last two presidents were ......................
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We have 4 unlimited data connections all of which have wifi hotspots. 3 of which are limited to 1GB a day and then they'll be throttled. That doesn't happen very often though ... mainly because it's nigh impossible to download 1GB of data in a 24 hour period on the network. If at least one of them is working at 3G speeds or better at any given time it's a major victory.

It's about 10x faster than it was just a little over a year ago though, so I'm loving it

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
              Modern family

Four boys at home on school holidays with all their devices going so Dad, who pays for the home service, had to get a dedicated separate IP service to get online
              Is there ever a discussion about the future of internet in Australia where these stupid restrictions don't exist? Or have you just settled?
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Modern family

You didn't need to do that. With the right software you can set your router so that your computer gets first priority or failing that you could just cap the bandwidth for each of your sons. Either way the end result is that you connection works great and your sons will have to learn how to survive without hogging all the bandwidth.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  You didn't need to do that. With the right software you can set your router so that your computer gets first priority or failing that you could just cap the bandwidth for each of your sons. Either way the end result is that you connection works great and your sons will have to learn how to survive without hogging all the bandwidth.
                  Or they'll just whine and whine...
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Whining, the time-honoured tradition of kids worldwide
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      One of my sons is doing something like that to ME

Comment

did you know that vaginas are called beavers because they eat wood?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One of my sons is doing something like that to ME
                          Reset the router using the reset button then set it up the way you want it and this time password protect it and consider putting it in a locked room where they can't get to it.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I did that

Comment

Working...
                            X