Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Movement to Ban Everyone Who Has Been accused of DV from Professional Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    They are company that is really concerned about its public image. It means that public opinion is important. Since the NFL totally screwed up when it had discretion, this is what it gets.
    Bleh. The NFL isn't responsible for domestic violence, nor are they responsible for the idiocy of the public. Let's put the blame where it belongs.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Why should the public give them any money if the NFL doesn't care what the public think.

I guess they could decide to be like you, but then again, they didn't get to be the cash cow they are by doing so.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Why should the public give them any money if the NFL doesn't care what the public think.

I guess they could decide to be like you, but then again, they didn't get to be the cash cow they are by doing so.
        We live in world where a woman can make up some sad story, put it up on facebook, and a bunch of idiots will send her money. What does that have to do with blaming stupid people?

Comment

Or get punched in the face and it was lucky there was a camera there.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Or get punched in the face and it was lucky there was a camera there.
            Why? What do you think would happen if there were no camera and she went to the police?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Why? What do you think would happen if there were no camera and she went to the police?
              I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that you wouldn't have believed her. It's even possible you might have suggested she was a gold digging whore who was just out for the attention.

Comment

It isn't an employer's job to mete out punishment for crimes, it's the government's job.
                Employers have their first responsibility to their shareholders. That includes promoting values in alignment with their shareholders' values. Rice is an example of the NFL trying to clean up it's image in order to preserve shareholder value.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that you wouldn't have believed her. It's even possible you might have suggested she was a gold digging whore who was just out for the attention.
                  Can you try not to make everything personal for no reason. Thanks.

Comment

The NFL, the players, and most of the public disagree with you.
                    Hell, I'm surprised you're on this side, HC. There's nothing wrong with a private organization letting someone go in this circumstance.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Lighten up Skippy, I'm just bored.

Comment

Reaping what ya sew.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Lighten up Skippy, I'm just bored.
                          If you are enjoying this thread please rate it.

Comment

Exactly what happened up until the video was released. 2 game suspension for Rice, he goes on probation (ie, no conviction or even prosecution for domestic violence).

Comment

If you are enjoying this thread please rate it.
                              I neither love it not hate it, so I played it safe and gave it a three. I think 5 star rating systems too often trend to the extremes.

Comment

Exactly what happened up until the video was released. 2 game suspension for Rice, he goes on probation (ie, no conviction or even prosecution for domestic violence).
                                That's crazy. He would have been arrested, convicted, and fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X