AirFrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirFrance

I had heard that you had to be careful with AirFrance (and Paris), but I didn't expect any problems. We flew in to Europe via AirFrance on August 24. We were due to leave today, but last night was told our flight was cancelled. My wife has looked and flights to Santiago appear to be cancelled until Sept 25. We actually really need to fly today. A relatively minor issue is that we are suppose to fly to Santa Barbara on September 28.

Comments about experience welcome. Sympathy welcome. Bad advice welcome.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My wife and I got horse****ed by, Expedia, Delta and Aegean for 300 bucks due to a complete bungling
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Well, AFAIK the pilots in france are on strike .... guess the best solution (if money doesn´t matter all too much) would be to leave france via train and fly from one of the neighboring countries (like UK, Germany, Italy, Spain .... depending on where in france you are)
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 20, 2014, 04:57. Reason: France is not a neighboring country to France
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

going home after 24 hours from paris (small budget airline) that was fun!
        getting stranded on balkan country during severe snowstorm and then being treated IMPOLITELY by lufthansa staff! (after 4 consecutive cancelled flights that completely screwed my correspondance and made me want to start looking for real estate opportunities there)
        When I started cursing in greek though a rather fine looking extremely polite air attendant made her appearance and answered my question
        severe health problem of some person during a flight forcing the plane to emergency decent

well, that about it.

but the most fearsome one was walking in an muslim country airport and seeing everyone in kelembias (the long white dresses) and turbans and the women in burkas and having the western media bias kick in in my head telling me (I just want to go home)
        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 20, 2014, 06:07.

Comment

I think the best option from paris would be belgium (zaventem) or the netherlands (schiphol) - (via fast train). I'm not sure but I think the later offers direct flights to murica.
          and it's certain that you'll get your money back if this due to a strike.
          Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 20, 2014, 05:09.

Comment

I flew with Air France quite a few times. The service and the food are really good. This is what you get with a national company not pressured to bring down costs in any possible way.

Pilots are on strike, as management is trying to cut down their salary by 40%.
            Last edited by Fake Boris; September 20, 2014, 10:51.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Why would pilots try to cut their own salary? And then strike about it?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you've been dansd
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

almost

the
                  Last edited by Oncle Boris; Today at 09:51.
                  remains
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                    I flew with Air France quite a few times. The service and the food are really good. This is what you get with a national company not pressured to bring down costs in any possible way.

I'm not sure Air France is public.
                    I think European Commission considers any public funding of airtransport as state subsidy and forbits it. (minus various exceptions)

Comment

Like Aeroflot? (in Soviet days anyway, iirc it's private now)

Jesus you are dumb.

Comment

Lolololol at public companies having better service

Someone's never been to a ****ing ABC
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I have also really liked the service with Air France. It also the best european connection to Santiago.

The strike was just not cool this time though.

We ended up picking a new destination, and will be in San Francisco tonight. I will need to rearrange my other flights now.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I miss Jon Miller.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              I have also really liked the service with Air France. It also the best european connection to Santiago.

The strike was just not cool this time though.

We ended up picking a new destination, and will be in San Francisco tonight. I will need to rearrange my other flights now.

JM
                              Flying out of SFO tmw (Sunday) in the am...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X