Small world: ancestral homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Depends. Are you poor? There's no such thing as a gain that isn't ill-gotten.
    I can't claim I haven't benefitted, but still, it was wholly out of my control. It's not like I can give it back, as the original steal is no longer mine (my ancestor bought out my ancestor's boss). I do own a suburban block, partially, but really, giving it to some random Aborigine won't solve the whole conquistador (I forgot the correct term - I'm drunk - but you know what I mean) thing. I totally sympathise with the displaced people concept, but I didn't do it, and I can't fix it.

Comment

*colonial

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
        I can't claim I haven't benefitted, but still, it was wholly out of my control. It's not like I can give it back, as the original steal is no longer mine (my ancestor bought out my ancestor's boss). I do own a suburban block, partially, but really, giving it to some random Aborigine won't solve the whole conquistador (I forgot the correct term - I'm drunk - but you know what I mean) thing. I totally sympathise with the displaced people concept, but I didn't do it, and I can't fix it.
        You don't need to convince me. God is the one whose forgiveness you should seek.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've been dead. God doesn't exist. You're clear.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Your statement depends on the fallacious assumption that, if God exists, He must necessarily want to talk to you.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              AH - that looks like a rather small house. How much would something like that go for in Sydney?
              In the current real estate lunacy? It would be nudging a million dollars.

When the family bought it way back around WW2 or before? maybe 200 pounds ($300 dollars).
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

iron eyes cody is crying

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Your statement depends on the fallacious assumption that, if God exists, He must necessarily want to talk to you.
                  If god existed, he would be consulting with me on a regular basis.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The house directly across the road from us sold at auction for $1.6 million this afternoon.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

This one which is 4 doors up from us and looks just like ours sold for $1.406 million last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        If god existed, he would be consulting with me on a regular basis.
                        I can't honestly say I feel a regular need to consult with you. God has unlimited access to Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare, etc. Your lack of a near-death experience was just you being too low on the totem pole to even get the on-hold music.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare,
                          couldn't pump their own gas... reset the time on an alarm clock after a power outage... or create a simple marquee in HTML

they were big fish in a small and primitive pond
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think you are making unfounded assertions about the next world.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

thats some expensive property, around here they'd go for 100 to 300 grand

Comment

likewise, tops.
                                the first one significantly lower

Comment

Working...
                                X