Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Maher: Islam is inherently worse than other religions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Why is any despot able to hold territory with a smaller group of fighters? Hint, it's Fear.
    Well that and brainwashing children. They brainwash their children to support these terrorists.

But anyway, Obama says they aren't Muslims. :lmao:
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Well that and brainwashing children. They brainwash their children to support these terrorists.

But anyway, Obama says they aren't Muslims. :lmao:
      They aren't, in the same way Hitler wasn't a Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
        I'm challenging the notion that extremist, militant Islamists represent anything like the majority of Muslims, which is the line Maher was pushing.
        Mahar was citing Pew polls which do show that majorities of Muslims in many countries hold deeply illiberal views, specifically the death penalty for apostasy. He was very clear in the video that ISIS and extreme militant Muslims don't reflect the majority of Muslims. He used the term "connective tissue," meaning that the extreme examples are a consequence of the inherently evil and violent norms that Islam establishes.

Thank you for intentionally distorting Bill Maher's arguments and showing us all just how dishonest you are.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Please quote directly where your link says that "majorities of Muslims in many countries hold deeply illiberal views, specifically the death penalty for apostasy". I can't find it.

Comment

Just so we're clear, the Muslims who oppose the death penalty for apostasy are the "bad" Muslims.

Originally posted by Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17
            Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Comment

Please quote directly where your link says that "majorities of Muslims in many countries hold deeply illiberal views, specifically the death penalty for apostasy". I can't find it.
              Type control-f and then "Support for Severe Laws". You'll see a chart.

Comment

So?
                Everyone who doesn't want to be a muslim should say so and then pinch the end of his finger with a needle and draw a single drop of blood. Last ritual as a muslim.
                Tada!
                Problem solved (assuming prosperity and all other requirements are met. If not the verse could be taken to other extremes)

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  Type control-f and then "Support for Severe Laws". You'll see a chart.
                  "0 of 0"

Comment

"0 of 0"
                    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Yb...M3U2FBTzQ/edit

Is that visible to you?

You fucking dishonest piece of shit. Making me waste time uploading a screen shot because you can't just admit that you're wrong. FUCK YOU! You fucking liar.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                      Question: They call themselves the Islamic State. I gather Islamic State of Iraq and Syria was a former name and one that most of the press and public uses. Where did ISIL come from and why did it gain such currency with the American government over the groups actual name?
                      I don't think anyone has answered this. ISIL is probably a better translation from Arabic - it stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Media has decided to call it Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, because it doesn't think most Americans know what the Levant is.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Yb...M3U2FBTzQ/edit

Is that visible to you?

You fucking dishonest piece of shit. Making me waste time uploading a screen shot because you can't just admit that you're wrong. FUCK YOU! You fucking liar.
                        Yes, thank you, although it cuts out before the relevant section is finished.

You could have refused to upload the screen shot, or not responded at all. I didn't make you do anything. Furthermore, your accusation that I'm a liar is wrong, I couldn't see what's in your screenshot in your link, and I did use the find function in my browser.

Bottom line here is yes, there are many in the 3rd world Muslim world who respond harshly to polling, but how many of them are real terrorist threats? Do you think overt hostility to them is likely to change their minds? Do you think maybe overt hostility to them from the west has fuelled their hostility?

Comment

Mahar was citing Pew polls which do show that majorities of Muslims in many countries hold deeply illiberal views, specifically the death penalty for apostasy.
                          Those numbers are very low for Turkey and Lebanon though, which indicates to me that poorer countries are much more likely to support it because you have ton of poor illiterate folks who are fine with killing. Indonesia, as you can see, has 30% of Muslims in favor of that, which is much lower than Egypt, Lebanon, Pakistan, and Nigeria - Indonesia isn't as rich as Turkey and Lebanon, but its ~$10k GDP per capita (PPP) is far higher than the four countries listed above.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            This leads to an interesting question. Is Bill Maher inherently worse than other liberals?
                            So, so, so, SO much worse.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              I don't think anyone has answered this. ISIL is probably a better translation from Arabic - it stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Media has decided to call it Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, because it doesn't think most Americans know what the Levant is.
                              To be fair, most American's don't know what the Levant is.

Most American's couldn't identify Syria or Iraq on a map either, but that isn't the point.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Furthermore, your accusation that I'm a liar is wrong, I couldn't see what's in your screenshot in your link, and I did use the find function in my browser.
                                I don't believe you. Unless you had a bad connection and failed to download the entire page (in which case you should have recognized that and refreshed) computers don't make mistakes like that.

Bottom line here is yes, there are many in the 3rd world Muslim world who respond harshly to polling, but how many of them are real terrorist threats? Do you think overt hostility to them is likely to change their minds? Do you think maybe overt hostility to them from the west has fuelled their hostility?
                                That is not the bottom line, and that is not what Maher was talking about. Go back, watch the video (probably for the first time) and you'll see that he's not saying anything of the sort.

Comment

Working...
                                X