No announcement yet.

The Great Scottish FREEEEEEEEEDOOOMMMMM!!!!1!!! vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW I have to add that if kentonio is any indication of what an average english tory is like (never have I met one) I have to say I'm positively impressed.
    Socially liberal, good political grasp of the situation, moderate, perseptive.
    I thought they all wore wigs and sung the national anthem all day long. Apparently not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      BTW I have to add that if kentonio is any indication of what an average english tory is like
      OK, let's test this.

Socially liberal,

Ahahahahahahaha. No.

good political grasp of the situation,
      Nope.

moderate,
      Nein.

perseptive.
      Very, but only in the direction not covered by the blinkers.

I thought they all wore wigs and sung the national anthem all day long.
      And bathe in the blood of virgins. Don't forget that bit.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• He does have the standard out of touch pretension - you have to give him points for that.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Theft, fraud, bribery, embezzlement, blackmail, extortion?

What state apparatus is required? These things happen in lawless states with no recognisable government.
          Corruption is a product of top-down state apparatus. Corruption can only happen in the context of delegated power and secrecy.

The obvious solutions to corruption are direct democracy, and random draws.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Will Scotland join the chorus?
            Last edited by Dr Strangelove; September 17, 2014, 18:06.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Can you hear the people sing? No, the pipes are drowning them out...
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Looks like No will win it, while with a slim margin, this should never be pitched as a "slim" margin type of topic, yes should be at least 2/3rds or 3/4s so if "no" wins more than half votes, it is more than obvious that a majority of Scots are not willing to take their destiny into their own hands and they more than deserve to stay in the union and get most of the decisions made for them from London in the future as well.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• IT'S FREEEEDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!! DAY. Get voting.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Andy Murray shows his true colors

Andy Murray says 'Yes' to Scottish independence
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      ... i don't think it's silly for the working class to care about economics, but i do think it's very silly for them to believe that the tories represent their interests in the economic sphere; though i suppose one should never underestimate peoples' capacity for deluding themselves. therefore, it seems clear that working class tories must buy into the other narratives like, as you say, the flag and the queen; or perhaps a vague vision of england in its past glory that probably never existed, and which they can vicariously enjoy and take pride in, while blotting out the harsh realities of real life. in much the same way in fact as a working class man at the beginning of the 20th century might have taken pride in the empire and 'our' dominance over so much of the globe, while being ruthlessly sweated and exploited by his 'betters'.
                      The "trickle down" myth plays a large part, methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        OK, let's test this..
                        I mustnt be getting enough sleep lately, I can't decide whether that was an attack on me or just Tory voters in general.

Comment

• Is it Freedom yet? :desire: When do they finish counting the ballots?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Freedom is tomorrow, today they are voting.

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                                Corruption is a product of top-down state apparatus. Corruption can only happen in the context of delegated power and secrecy.

The obvious solutions to corruption are direct democracy, and random draws.
                                Corruption is the product of lots of things. You may get more with one system over another, but it is not unique to a political top down state apparatus.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X