Egypt: Will quintuple Gaza in Sinai and let it be Palestinian state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt: Will quintuple Gaza in Sinai and let it be Palestinian state

Israeli politicians react with enthusiasm on reports from Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi that he will be willing to give the Palestinians land in Sinai for an extension of Gaza to an independent state.

Jerusalem Post reports that the Science and Technology Minister Yakov Peri, former head of Shin Bet, is surprised al-Sisi's generosity. Peri points out that al-Sisi's initiative fits with the Egyptian struggle against terrorism in Sinai.

The new territory, consisting of Gaza with a five times as large area of ​​land in Sinai, should the proposal be the new Gaza home of Palestinian refugees. The proposal involves Abbas refrain requirement limits after the 1967 lines. Abbas has rejected the proposal, but it still has elements that it is worth discussing further, says Peri.

There may be two reasons for Abbas' rejection: that the Palestinian Authority must provide the demand that Palestinian refugees can return to their homes in Israel and that the new Gaza-state will be demilitarized.

PA Board shall retain control of the major cities in the West Bank.
    Bayit Yehudis faction leader Ayelet Shaked commend the Egyptian president to show insight into the problems that the Israeli left has refused to face for decades. The solution to the Palestinian issue must be regional and can not fall on Israel's shoulders alone, she adds. Shaked urged Prime Minister Netanyahu to meet al-Sisi and examine whether the measure is possible.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israeli-politicians-praise-Sisi-plan-to-give-Palestinians-land-for-a-state-in-Sinai-374745

Al-Sisi, who toppled the Islamist President Mohamed Mursi after mass protests against Mursis control, has long turned down Mursis Muslim Brotherhood and has to some extent restored political stability. But the development of the Islamic state has naturally enough led to new serious concerns. Security officials told Reuters that thousands of Egyptian activists have joined the IS-jihad in Iraq and Syria, and can return home to fight against the government.

At home, it is also proven connection between IS and the Sinai-based Islamist group Ansar. A hæroffensiv has pushed Ansar, forcing its members to flee to other parts of Egypt. Ansar has responded by changing tactics. - They teach us how to perform operations, create secret cells and communicate via the internet, says one commander told Reuters that prefers to remain anonymous.

http://www.newsweek.com/islamic state-extends-its-Influence-egypt-advising-militant-groups-268649

Ansar recent beheading of four Egyptians in Sinai is the first of its kind in Egypt and considered inspired by IS. In a video on Twitter, four armed men in black masks over the kneeling prisoners while an Islamist read out a statement that they are collaborating with the enemies of Islam, will meet a similar fate. Minutes later, the four men head cut off.

The concern for Ansar association with IS, and a heightened need for control over Sinai, head apparently Egypt and Israel together to gently confidence between the governments of the two countries. By extension, it opens a dialogue about a future major Gaza.

Google translated article
    Original Norwegian article
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Israel will be happy to begin moving west Bank Palestinians to their new home, or to establish settlements in the new Gaza, or to extend their borders around it.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It's a BS story.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's real. If it's realistic is another case.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

JERUSALEM – Israel’s Army Radio caused a stir here Monday when it reported that Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi had proposed ceding parts of his country's territory in the Sinai Peninsula to create an autonomous, demilitarized Palestinian state. The plan, according to the radio report, was rejected last month by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

The report was brief and it was attributed to anonymous sources. It was also flatly denied by all parties involved, with Egyptian state media quoting Sissi as saying “no one can do that” and Palestinian presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeinah releasing a statement saying no such proposal had ever been discussed.
          Israel’s Army Radio caused a stir when it reported that Egypt's president had proposed ceding parts of the Sinai Peninsula to a Palestinian state.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Cold feet.

Comment

Here's some ****ty desert filled with terrorists and other criminals, while squatters sit in your Holy Land.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Here's some ****ty desert filled with terrorists and other criminals, while squatters sit in your Holy Land.
                Which is also some ****ty desert filled with terrorists and other criminals....

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                X