Argenchilea goes full Venezuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argenchilea goes full Venezuela

Point One: All workers, wage earners, and employees of any kind whatsoever shall henceforth be attached to their jobs and shall not leave nor be dismissed nor change employment...

Point Two: All industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and business establishments of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth remain in operation, and the owners of such establishments shall not quit, nor leave, nor retire, nor close, sell or transfer their business...

Point Three: All patents and copyrights, pertaining to any devices, inventions, formulas, processes, and works of any nature whatsoever, shall be turned over to the nation as a patriotic emergency gift...

Point Four: No new devices, inventions, products, or goods of any nature whatsoever, not now on the market, shall be produced, invented, manufactured or sold after the date of this directive...

Point Five: Every establishment, concern, corporation or person engaged in production of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth produce the same amount of goods per year as is, they or he produced during the Basic Year, no more or no less...

Point Six: Every person of any age, sex, class or income, shall henceforth spend the same amount of money on the purchase of goods per year as he or she spent during the Basic Year, no more and no less...

Point Seven: All wages, prices, salaries, dividends, profits, interest rates and forms of income of any nature whatsoever, shall be frozen at their present figures, as of the date of this directive. (But taxes will be allowed to increase as needed for the public good)

Point Eight: All cases arising from and rules not specifically provided for in this directive, shall be settled and determined by the Unification Board, whose decisions shall be final.

When is Nestor going to leave Argenchilea?
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 5, 2014, 20:19.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Looks like recipe for dictatorship.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hail Chaves!
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

They also put price controls and wage controls in place. Kirchner is a dullard.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

She also thinks now is a great time to build a whole new capital city as if a country who just defaulted, again, can afford it or get credit to build it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

50 percent inflation in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...nos-Aires.html

She also thinks now is a great time to build a whole new capital city as if a country who just defaulted, again, can afford it or get credit to build it.

Yeah, that won't happen.

Also, I can't read the article BK posted, since it's behind a paywall, but the 'articles' he posted are lolwtf made up and/or gross exaggerations. The law is bad, and if it somehow passes vote in congress, it'll be probably taken to court and declared unconstitutional.

Luckily, we'll be rid of the current government next year.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                50 percent inflation in the last year.
                Yeah, that's as credible as the figures espoused by the government. Actual rates have been 25-30% for the past couple of years, this year it might reach 40%.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, that's as credible as the figures espoused by the government. Actual rates have been 25-30% for the past couple of years, this year it might reach 40%.
                  Wow. that's so much better.

The law is bad, and if it somehow passes vote in congress, it'll be probably taken to court and declared unconstitutional.
                  We'll see. I suggest converting Argenchilean assets into some other form of exchange.

Comment

Wow. that's so much better.
                    It's definitely better than the ~3000% we had in '89-'90.

In any case, it's kind of sad that you can't even spend 15 seconds to avoid such silly errors.

We'll see. I suggest converting Argenchilean assets into some other form of exchange.
                    do you really think I save in pesos?
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      Yeah, that won't happen.

Also, I can't read the article BK posted, since it's behind a paywall, but the 'articles' he posted are lolwtf made up and/or gross exaggerations. The law is bad, and if it somehow passes vote in congress, it'll be probably taken to court and declared unconstitutional.

Awww...and I had the perfect IMG for that list.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

do you really think I save in pesos?
                        Was that you or a different argenchilean trying to buy USD?

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                          Yeah, that won't happen.

It sounds like the lower house of your legislature is expected to pass this bill. I find the behavior of Kirchner rather stunning.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The country is called Argentina
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Thanks, we had no idea.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X