Help me understand human nature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You don't know who Jennifer Lawrence is?
    I didn't know her no. I see she's famous from miserable dramas and superhero movies and I avoid both.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

And Oscar winning roles...

So you just don't really care for popular entertainment, basically.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's not true, I love Cloverfield or Lost in Translation, for instance.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'm also planning to see Rocky some time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
            That's not true, I love Cloverfield or Lost in Translation, for instance.
            I did say popular entertainment
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Isn't Rocky a popular movie?

Comment

I've also been considering checking out Bambi, but I don't know if it's appropriate for a grown man to do that unaccompanied by minors.

Comment

Yeah, you listed a found-footage turd and a deeply pretentious nothing-happens art film that manages to make Bill Murray boring.

XPost
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Ever heard of character-driven stories?

Comment

You mean like the films Jennifer Lawrence has been in

Comment

You'd better not be referring to the Hunger Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          You mean like the films Jennifer Lawrence has been in
                          I prefer to think of Five Easy Pieces or Lost in Translation as examples instead of miserable dramas.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            You'd better not be referring to the Hunger Games.

Is that all you know Jennifer Lawrence from (and the X-Men movies)?

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                              I prefer to think of Five Easy Pieces or Lost in Translation as examples instead of miserable dramas.
                              I liked Lost in Translation, but that's far more of a miserable drama than American Hustle was.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                I liked Lost in Translation, but that's far more of a miserable drama than American Hustle was.
                                No it was melancholic and melancholic is good.

I may have been too quick. Wiki was naming Burning Plain and Winter's Bone as her movies and I kind of shut off there. American Hustler seems interesting. Can't go wrong with 70s and crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X