No announcement yet.

Which Faction to Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could this site NOT play Polystralia?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Polystralia does look strong too. Some info on trade routes from the Solar Gamer's latest posted playthrough. 1 extra trade route per city could be a huge deal but we'd have to play a specific opening to really take advantage of it. Get an Ultrasonic Fence up early, Ultrasonic Fence quest to apply to convoys, and build wide to get extra cities (and more trade routes).

Comment

Why don't people like Franco-Iberia? :<

Comment

10 Virtues in before the first benefit from the Faction is a long time to wait. Probably can count on 3 or 4 mid-late game techs from it, which is a nice bonus. So FI is for more of a patient/hammer style player.

Once the later game techs are better understood I think FI can be quantified better. Right now so little is known about what those 3 or 4 techs will represent.

Comment

Besides, they're French.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I've voted PAC, but one of BE's biggest draws for me is how much I want to play all the Civs, where as in Civ 5 I hate 90% of the options available, either for being worse versions of existing civilizations or just being from a culture I lack interest in.
              As of the latest patch, previous versions of humanity are no longer supported.

Comment

Yah, they all could be fun

Comment

Polystralia's bonus has been changed. Instead of +1 Trade Route per city they get +2 Trade Routes in the capital.

Kavithan Protectorate now continues faster tile expansion even once the Outpost becomes a city.

Comment

ARC because America.

Wait, maybe Polystralia because Poly?
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

They need a north American and Germanic/British/Dutch/Scandinavian faction.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        They need a north American and Germanic/British/Dutch/Scandinavian faction.
                        This, exactly. Now that they dot the diversity, please add some lack of diversity (White nations). Also more amiable backgrounds, as of now no faction background resonates with me.

Comment

Polystralia or the ARC seems like the most fun to me, Id be happy with either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by i_imperator View Post
                            Polystralia or the ARC seems like the most fun to me, Id be happy with either of them.
                            Just FYI, your posts are unreadable on one of the default themes when you use COLOR=#000000

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                              Just FYI, your posts are unreadable on one of the default themes when you use COLOR=#000000
                              Oh?! How do i go about changing that?

Comment

You don't need to do anything; the above post is fine. When you don't actually wrap your text in a COLOR tag then the font color will be black for light themes and white for dark themes. When you force it to black with a COLOR tag it shows up as black on the dark themes too.

Comment

Working...
                                X