Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women apparently still don't like the GOP's war on women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow and dashi could then actually make a counterargument

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Slaves nowadays also feel they are discriminated more than slaves in 100 BC, with no statistical evidence either. The slackers.
        Perhaps women are slaves in Argenchilea, but they aren't anywhere close to that in America.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I seem to recall it being proven true, many times. We covered it at one point in one of my stats classes. It's total bull****.
          Nope. Sorry.

Try again.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

HC: Even assuming you are correct, which you aren't, if there is no pay gap, then there is no reason to oppose legislation. Everyone would already be in compliance. You've certainly not been a critic of unnecessary legislation. There are countless examples of stupid laws that make victims out of innocent people. Never once have I heard you advocate for them.

So you are either a liar, an idiot, or both.

But by all means, continue to fuck that chicken. I want you to. I like watching the GOP lose presidential elections.

twerp
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              But by all means, continue to fuck that chicken. I want you to. I like watching the GOP lose presidential elections.
              But I thought Scott Walker was a shoe in for the White House?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                But I thought Scott Walker was a shoe in for the White House?
                He barely survived the recalls and whatnot. Voter turnout was not particularly high (IIRC)... which is the only thing that saved his stupid ass.

The GOP is following quite the path of failure. They will likely make gains in 2014 (I haven't been keeping up with data projections). It's like falling down a flight of stairs. Sure, you are tumbling and suffering injuries, but each step you hit, you bounce up slightly.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  HC: Even assuming you are correct, which you aren't, if there is no pay gap, then there is no reason to oppose legislation. Everyone would already be in compliance. You've certainly not been a critic of unnecessary legislation. There are countless examples of stupid laws that make victims out of innocent people. Never once have I heard you advocate for them.

So you are either a liar, an idiot, or both.

twerp
                  Just because there is no pay gap doesn't mean legislation can't impose any costs. Legislation might make it more likely that someone will sue an employer for alleged discrimination when no discrimination is actually occurring. This would discourage employers from hiring members of groups that are protected by legislation.

Comment

Companies spend billions of dollars every year trying to comply with laws and regulations. There are so many it isn't actually possible to comply with them all. At any given moment every company in America is probably violating a dozen labor laws. The whole system is a ****ing mess, and it's a death by a thousand cuts--no individual rule is the one that makes it so expensive, it's the fact that there are so many of them. You really need a good positive reason to have a rule before you put it in place. Unfortunately, too many people think like sava and say "well it causes no harm!" It does cause harm. It causes harm simply by existing in the books. For some rules, the harm is worth it. For most, it isn't. This is why people who say "We need more regulation!" are out of their minds--"more" regulation is meaningless. You need good regulation, not more.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ial-women.html,

gribbler
                      Last edited by Kidlicious; August 28, 2014, 20:12.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The GOP can continue to claim that attempting to deprive women of their rights isn't the problem and that all they need to do is smilie while they attempt to deprive women of their rights, but... That just doesn't seem to be working for the GOP and if they want to win women voters back they're actually going to have to change policy so that they're no longer attempting to deprive women of their rights. The GOP "autopsy" after the 2012 election explicitly sad this but, as usual, the dullards in charge of the party think they can just put a pretty bow tie on the same old **** as if that would fool anyone with half a brain.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Women HAVE rights! What is wrong with you?!

Comment

I didn't think "equal pay, for equal work" was such a hard concept for some to grasp.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Your country flag contradicts your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Perhaps women are slaves in Argenchilea, but they aren't anywhere close to that in America.
                                All women would that be, Sister Bendy ? Given your extensive network and personal knowledge of them...

PATTERNS OF ABUSE
                                Reported abuse of migrant domestic workers by diplomats and the staff of international organizations include:
                                •Wages and Hour Violations
                                Federal and state laws provide for a minimum hourly wage. These laws apply to everyone working in the United States. Despite this, domestic workers for diplomats and employees of international organizations are often underpaid and overworked. Live-in domestic workers are often expected to be on call 24-hours a day. They often work an average of 14 hours a day, six or seven days a week. In 2001, the average hourly wage for migrant domestic workers working for diplomats or employees of international organizations was around $2.14.10
                                •Passport Deprivation
                                Many domestic workers report that upon arrival in the home of their diplomat employer their passport and other travel documents are confiscated.11 Deprivation of travel documents is unlawful and contributes to the isolation and enforced confinement of domestic workers and their inability to escape abusive employment conditions.
                                •Restrictions on Freedom of Movement
                                Many domestic workers report that their diplomat employers deny them the right to leave the house or premises in which they work.12
                                •Physical, Sexual and Emotional Abuse
                                Many workers report sexual, physical and emotional abuse. Female domestic workers report being hit, slapped, and threatened with serious physical harm. Some domestic workers also report being sexually assaulted by male occupants of the house.13
                                •Invasion of Privacy
                                Domestic workers often have their rooms searched, their mail opened, and are not allowed to make private phone calls.14

Juicy fruit and its cost :

The foreman’s alleged first assault came in 2009, during the long days of the Yakima Valley apple harvest in central Washington. An immigrant from Mexico, Abarca was new to the Evans Fruit Co., one of the country’s largest apple producers.

Nearly four years later, Abarca’s story was the subject of a federal court case testing whether the owners of Evans Fruit looked the other way as their workers claimed they were subjected to repeated sexual violence and harassment by an orchard foreman and crew bosses.

It was a rare public accusation for an immigrant, many of whom fear retaliation and deportation if they speak up. Abarca was testifying in only the second case of a farmworker claiming sexual harassment to reach a federal court trial.

Although the exact scope of sexual violence and harassment against agricultural workers is impossible to pinpoint, an investigation by The Center for Investigative Reporting and the Investigative Reporting Program at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism reveals persistent peril for women working in the food industry. An estimated 560,000 women work on U.S. farms.
                                Hundreds of female farmworkers have complained to the federal government about being raped and assaulted, verbally and physically harassed on the job, while law enforcement has done almost nothing to prosecute potential crimes.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X