Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Also, don't show this site her ...
    This. I can personally confirm disastrous consequences are inevitable if you do this.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

two more sava-updates

i am up to 310lbs on the bench press (though, my technique on higher weights is more like a chest press... I just try to push the weight up... I'll do legit reps with lower weights)

i have a date tonight
      woooooooooo
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Woooo date.

Btw, what does subscribing to OKC get you?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

AFAICT, you get some "extra features" that were originally part of the sight when it was free. But they took them away and make you pay for them. Though, I think a few are new. I'll list them below.

You also get a free "boost" that actively promotes you. It does seem to work. Subsequent boosts cost money. ( )

features:

browse invisibly
          can change your name at any time
          can sort by "attractiveness" (based on user ratings)
          can sort by a lot of other random criteria

Basically, it makes you able to search more easily. The free boost was cool. I think if used strategically on high traffic nights, it would be extremely effective.

I don't think subscribing is necessary. I wouldn't do it again. But so far, it's not been the worst $20 I ever spent.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Date went awesome. I think I may have a girlfriend... or soon to be.

She's nice. We laughed pretty much the whole time, except for the intentionally awkward pauses I created (and I kept her informed about it)

We had a bit of an adventure finding a place to eat. The first place (Indian... dots not feathers) was closed, despite their hours online indicating they were open. ( )

She was running late, so that wasn't a big deal. The alternative I chose (Spanish tapas) was close by, but they couldn't get me a table even with 30-45 minute lead time.

I called another place (Argentinian tapas) and was able to get a table (and told a fable by the gable). Dinner was good (the meal not the poster). I had a drink (acai cosmo). She had water.

oh crap, I left my leftovers in the car

It's a good thing I'm writing this, or else it would be out there all night. The big question is... do I put on a shirt? and/or pants? or do I walk out in my boxer-briefs. I'm not worried about neighbors seeing me... just the mosquitoes chomping on me.

BUT I DIGRESS

After dinner, we went to this outdoor festival/carnival that Naperville has every Labor Day Weekend called The Last Fling. It had the usual food stands... this burger/bratwurst abomination named "The Heart Attack". I desperately wanted one... jesus christ, cats are fighting now, one on the back of my chair (i had to intervene). Oh also, the cats puked in my room while I was gone. THANKS DICKS

stay on target!

Okay, we walked through the last fling for awhile. There were stands set up for different local groups, political/community stuff... there was an Islam booth with people handing out fliers. I politely waved the woman off (as we entered and left... we passed them twice) and said "As-salamu alaykum". The second time, the woman (who was pretty) smiled at me. Normally that would have been great and I would've started talking to her.

It started to get a little crowded. The smell of fried sweets and fried meats combined to form a putrid stench. Between that and the crowd, we decided to go walking along the riverwalk (there's a river... and you can walk along it). We sat for a while. I asked if I could hold her hand (I"M A GENTLEMAN). I played around with her hand as we talked. I played connect the dots with some of the moles on her arm.

She seemed okay with my ADD behavior, short term memory lapses, and constant laughter at the slightest of sexual innuendo. While telling a story about a communications class she took in college, she said "I had to get up in front of everyone and perform orally"

Laughter ensued. She blushed and pushed me (actually, she kept touching me quite a bit... I know well enough to know that she wants me... which is good, because I want her... BUT I AM TAKING IT SLOW BECAUSE IVE RARELY DONE THAT)

After the mosquitoes became too much (hopefully I don't get west nile virus from them), we started to head back. We stopped at a more open area and talked. There were less bugs. Though, we had to stand. I put my arm around her briefly. It was intentionally awkward... just long enough for me to make the point HEY I LIKE TOUCHING YOU but short enough for me to make it a joke.

She seemed to like hearing how excited I was about our prospects of being together. I told her I was smitten with her (that's a strong enough word to say without being creepy).

We held hands and walked back towards the parking garage. We parted ways and hugged. I could have kissed her. There were a few moments earlier where we could have kissed too. I purposely didn't for two reasons. 1. I want to take it slow. 2. My breath wasn't awesome.

The whole date was about 3 hours.

I clumsily brought up the notion of spending time together tomorrow (since her earlier availability included Sunday). Her response was positive, but depends on whether or not she can get a sitter (she's a single mom with an 8 year old boy).

I'm highly optimistic about this turning into a serious relationship.

about her:
            single mom, her ethnic background is Mexican (she was born here, her parents spoke Spanish in the house)

She has two sisters. One lives a few doors down from her. The other is in New Jersey.

She's 33 (I'm 34). She went to a high school whose hockey team I played against while I was in high school. She went to NIU... during the same time one of my friends did. I was likely there at the same time she was... more than a few times. (I find little coincidences like that fascinating).

I don't much like talking about looks and stuff with women I actually know (which probably means I shouldn't do it much at all about any woman BUT I"M A MAN AND HAVE NEEDS ). I find her to be attractive. Her outfit showed cleavage and I made sure that she "caught" me in passing eye movements looking at her (briefly enough not to be offensive, but long enough to let her know I thought she was hot... it's a delicate balance).

She smelled amazing (and thought I did too... I swear to god, it's the Edge shaving gel... after I shave, I always get compliments on it. Look for the dark red/orange bottle. I think it's sensitive skin. Or maybe that's silver. Regardless, they have a scent in that that women seem to love... and mostly, the positive feedback I get is from women who aren't obligated to give me unnecessary compliments.

Her hair was beautiful, long, and silky... I wanna say black almost... but very dark. Maybe black. I'll inspect more closely.

At one point, she got warm and quickly braided it. I was impressed by how fast she did it.

She works with 3-4 year olds at her current job and is taking classes to finish a degree in early childhood education.

I told her the story where I almost got hit by lightning... and of my irrational fear of electricity/electrocution.

She has an irrational fear of sharks. Extreme depths of the ocean freak her out a bit.

She speaks English fluently, but with a slight enough accent that increases the sexihood factor of her already sexy sounding voice. I like her laugh. I made her laugh a lot.

She seemed generally accepting of most of my proclivities and quirks. Though, I suspect she's slightly more religious than I am. We talked about that. I told her some stories about my church and how I sing/sang in the choir.

If there were any "mistakes", I'd say I talked about my family a little too much. My dad and grandfather's passing (2010 and 2013) are still fresh in my mind. With my ex, I talked at length about them. It's still tough. I miss both those guys.

She seemed very patient and kind. That's all I can ask of anyone. That's what I look for most in a woman... in addition to her liking my humor.

I've expressed how I wish to handle the crossing of certain physical boundaries. It's certainly much more conservative than most approaches. However, I've always jumped into sex way too fast. I've never done things slowly. The combined OMG I WANT YOU factor will be huge (AND SO WILL MY **shut yo mouth)

All in all, a great night.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

also, I saw a cop riding around on a little off-road vehicle that had a "little engine that could"

putt putt putt putt

he was wearing an overly safe motorcycle helmet... even by motorcycle helmet standards

and I doubt this thing could go much faster than I can run

BUT HE WAS READY... just in cast it bucked him like a bronco would
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've never used okc or sites like it but my impression is that if you're under 5'10" you might as well not bother, height being unique among listed attributes in this regard.

Comment

Sounds like you have a good time Sava

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    I've never used okc or sites like it but my impression is that if you're under 5'10" you might as well not bother, height being unique among listed attributes in this regard.
                    I'm 5'10'' and can't confirm.

This is anecdotal, but I would say about only 5-10% of the profiles I see mention height as a prereq. Occasionally, I'll get "liked" by someone who lists stuff like "IF YOUR (sic) UNDER 6 FOOT DONT BOTHER". Such people are usually stupid and not worth your time.

However, I don't doubt your claim at all.

Again, not doubt, but I've definitely had instances where confirmation bias has messed with me a little. I've got a lot of "dealbreakers" going on. I have 2 cats (dogs seem to be woman's best friend, hrumph!). I live with my family (though, this is less of an issue as some men my age are single parents or dealing with messy divorces, etc). No job (doesn't matter if my overall net worth is above average for my age). Depression/PTSD issues (huge stigma).

Part of meeting someone nice involves finding someone who will deal with your flaws, perceived or otherwise.

I will say that the experience as an early 20's male is different than a mid-30's male. The older you get, the more "attractive" you get... even among early 20's females.

My unsolicited advice would be to stay positive, be active physically (doesn't need to be lifting weights or anything), and be patient.

There are competing philosophies on dating. Some people think you should craft a profile designed to garner more responses. I think it's better to be a bit more... real. After all, you only need to find one person.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The other thing too, reg, could be that you intimidate women. Just going off of what basic facts I know about you, you come from an upper middle class background (?), are educated, smart, in good physical shape, and can string together coherent sentences.

That easily puts you in the 90-95th percentile of guys. There are a lot of serious idiots and douchebags out there bombarding women with highly inappropriate/harassing messages. Not doing that instantly makes you a good catch.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post

so I trimmed much of my body hair because of the amount of extra moisture the hair holds while exercising (it's a lot)

and now, some spots on my butt are not coming back

what sorcery is this? :
                        Tea tree oil soap will usually prevent this, and you don't get razor rash, cuts and it's cheaper.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Several of my single women friends have indicated height as a dealbreaker. The reason is that they have had bad experiences with short men who feel like they need to overcompensate because of their height. This is probably because so many women place height as a dealbreaker.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A lot of women have an unrealistic number of dealbreakers, not just height. Some seem to think they'll only ever go out with a doctor or lawyer who has six-pack abs and plays the saxophone.

I've never had problems in the ~talking to girls~ department but my issue right now is that I know very few of them. I'm in my last year of my college education, and my program has single digits of women in it. The entire computing school here is about 90-95% men--that's not an exaggeration; that's the actual figure. And my preferred activities are highly male-dominated. This lends credence to the idea that something like okc is the way to go but I have heard in the past that modest height like my 5'6" frame makes it a waste of time, so I've never bothered.

Comment

That does sound like quite a dilemma.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X