<marquee> new random thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    If you can use a standing desk, that would burn a lot of calories over the long term compared to sitting.
    Hamster wheel desk?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
      I need to get back into my routine of eating better and drinking less beer.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
        Hamster wheel desk?
        If such a thing existed, I would consider buying it
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I weighed in under 230 lbs this morning
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

I seriously need to get off my ass and start exercizing. I gained ~10 kg in the past year and a half.

I just find it really boring, and between work and uni, the little free time I get I'd rather do other stuff. :-/

I'm considering buying a treadmill to put in front of the PC, but everything imported is so damn expensive :-/
            I wish I could exercise. Every time I try to get healthy, I get sick. I'm posting here today instead of working because I foolishly ate salads the past three days and am now paying for it with a cold, flu, or ebola.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              I weighed in under 230 lbs this morning
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I hit 300 lbs on bench press today

achieving goals

achieving goals earlier than expected

also, IF MY FAT STONER ASS CAN DO IT, MOST ANYONE CAN *ASSUMING YOU ARE HEALTHY ENOUGH FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  I wish I could exercise. Every time I try to get healthy, I get sick. I'm posting here today instead of working because I foolishly ate salads the past three days and am now paying for it with a cold, flu, or ebola.
                  Start slow. Years ago, when I was superfat, starting was the toughest part. Even if it's 5 minutes a day. DO IT

Then next day, make it 6 minutes. Then 7, etc.

baby steps
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

today is thursday and I have no desire to smoke
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've been in the same room as exercise equipment. Not recently, though. Maybe when I was looking at apartments last year.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

motivation is very difficult

try small changes first to get the ball rolling

if you wish to

I have only moral support to offer

what makes you mad? sometimes rage helps
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Mostly I make myself mad. Like, why can't I find the motivation to exercise? Probably 'cuz I'm such a goddamn failure. I hate what I failure I am. I also hate that my hatred for myself prevents me from finding motivation. I also hate what a stupid self-reinforcing cycle self-hate is. I also hate that I can't (currently) think of any other reasons to hate myself. I also hate how uncreative this list of mine is.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I had some knee issues recently and have been told to keep leg work light
                            Oh no. Knee issues suxxors.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Mostly I make myself mad. Like, why can't I find the motivation to exercise? Probably 'cuz I'm such a goddamn failure. I hate what I failure I am. I also hate that my hatred for myself prevents me from finding motivation. I also hate what a stupid self-reinforcing cycle self-hate is. I also hate that I can't (currently) think of any other reasons to hate myself. I also hate how uncreative this list of mine is.
                              Hate is good. Even self-hate. You know what you can do? Punish yourself. Deprive yourself of unhealthy habits that bring you pleasure. Do you drink soda at all? Do you eat fast food? Take control and say to yourself "NO YOU PIECE OF ****, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE THIS "

Positive change is a self-reinforcing cycle as well.

Do you take an elevator at work? Force yourself to take the stairs as punishment. "YOU FAT ****, YOU AREN'T TAKING THE EASY ROUTE... MARCH UP THESE GODDAM STAIRS "
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Oh no. Knee issues suxxors.
                                Indeed.

also, BK, you have been helpful with this process and I want to thank you once again

I wish I could more often

but this will have to suffice
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X